34

| chapter thirty-four |only for you

only for you..
« all the hell we've been
through had a purpose »

Hyewon's words enraged Satan even more.

Though in excruciating physical and emotional pain, the Demon was ready to fight back. She wasn't the type to give up so easily.

Face-to-face with Satan himself.

His strength and power compared to Hyewon's was an unfair advantage. He could kill her so quickly, and slowly she was losing her confidence. But she could not let herself go down without a fight.

Satan wasted no time to attack once again. An attempt to dodge it was made, but not executed correctly. Her body collided with another wall with enough force to cause the bricks to fall out of place. Her body fell limp and her head made a loud thump when it hit the concrete. Her eyes fluttered shut from the impact. She lay on the hard concrete, groaning in pain, and unable to get up.

"Renjun...Huang Renjun," she muttered under her breath. She was exhausted, too tired to attempt anything. It made her miss him so so bad. Seemingly, she longed for his embrace and love when she felt the most helpless.

He was her strength.

"You can never beat me. Ever." Satan hovered over the bruised Demon. "You can't save him. And you definitely can't save yourself. Give it up already. If you don't die now, you'll vanish in the Diety's hands either way. What are you fighting so hard for?"

Hyewon laid under His hold with tears in her eyes. He was right. The end of her relationship with Renjun will not be a happy one no matter how hard she fought. What would be worse–losing him now or later?

The aching all over her body said to give up now, but the little voice in her heart didn't let her. It told her to continue, that it would all be worth it in the end.

A part of her wanted to block out the feeling in her heart. She wanted to ignore it. It was a hassle to have a heart that felt things. It was beautiful to love and adore someone with the entirety of your heart. However, when it came to the worry and sadness that is also felt in the heart, ripping the organ out felt like the only escape.

Hyewon wanted–no, she needed that escape. She needed to stop feeling all at once. It was selfish. But she was in exhausting pain. All for love. All for him.

As she lay defeated on the floor, she heard it. She heard him. It was only a whisper, but she heard it almost clearly. It was him. The only thing that has kept her alive this long. The only thing she is willing to fight for. Huang Renjun.