13

| chapter thirteen | let her go

let her go..
« i need you to come get me, out of my
head and into your arms tonight »

Renjun struggled to get past the crowd of dancers in the living room. This was his first time at a house party and he undoubtedly hated it.

How was an angel invited to such a place? He wasn't. He unintentionally overheard another conversation between Hyewon and her friends.

He couldn't help it. Curiosity was in his nature. And at the sound of a house party, he couldn't help but feel intrigued.

His eyes roamed the crowd searching for one specific girl– demon. And when his eyes met her hunched body, a small smile painted his lips.

He contemplated going up to her, he had no reason to be there. What could he tell her? That he followed her after overhearing her conversation?

His thoughts were dismissed as he noticed a boy beside her. He watched their interaction from afar. Even a gullible angel could tell the boy's true intentions. But before he could call her name, they had moved upstairs.

Renjun struggled through the crowd this time more urgently. He mustered up enough strength to push people away but not enough to hurt anyone. And with a lot more pushing and pulling and mumbled excuse me's, he made it through.

He rushed upstairs, finding an empty hallway. A cold sweat started on his forehead as he opened the door to every single room. To his misfortune, the only door left for him to check was locked. She was in there.

He began by knocking on the door until his knuckles turned red. Then, he proceeded to shove the door with his shoulder, and with much force it busted open. And sure enough, there she was, sprawled on the bed, unconscious, with a disgusting boy lusting over her.

"What the heck, man!" The boy grumbled, "Can't you see I'm fucking busy?"

"Get off of her," Renjun mustered his strongest voice. He gave the boy a pointed look. "She is clearly unconscious. This is sexual assault."

"Who do you think you are?" The other got off the bed and walked towards the angel. "She came upstairs with me. I didn't force her, okay?"

"She didn't give you consent," Renjun's words didn't falter a single bit, "I'm not afraid to call the cops. You're partaking in underaged drinking, illegal substances, sexual assault, should I say more?"

The nameless boy scoffed, "Get out of here. Who even invited you?"

"Let her go."

"Take her, I don't even want her that bad. Just get out of my house," he urged running a hand through his hair.

Renjun walked over to Hyewon, he lowered her shirt to cover her previously exposed midriff and carried her in his arms. He walked past the angered boy and left the room.

He breathed a sigh of relief as he made it to the front yard. If he hadn't been there..he doesn't even want to imagine the things that would've happened. He had to get himself and her away from here. So, he led the way to the only place he knew she'd feel comfortable.

. . .

"Hyewon, wake up," he shook her gently. She wouldn't budge. Once again, he shook her a bit harder. She squirmed in his arms but didn't open her eyes. "Hyewon."

The demon squinted her eyes open. She stared up at him, confused. The last thing she remembered was stumbling up the stairs of some house and now she was at the familiar green meadow.

"What am I doing here?" She asked massaging her temples in circular motions. "Shit, I have a headache."

"I brought you here," Renjun told her.

"Yeah, but why?" She met his gaze. "Last time I checked, I was getting drunk at a party. And you were not there."

"I was there, you just never saw me. And, I brought you here because that place wasn't safe. As an angel, I can't bear to see people near danger," he smiled.

She was still on his lap with one of his arms around her back, and his other under her knees.

"Are you like my guardian angel, now? I don't need your protection," she rolled her eyes feigning annoyance. But she wasn't mad at all.

"I know you don't but you were passed out and–" She hushed him.

"I was just kidding," Hyewon chuckled, a delighted smile on her face as she wrapped her arms around his neck. She buried her head in his neck and placed a soft kiss on the skin. "Thank you for being there."

. . .

"I told you I'd kill you," Hyewon glared at the boy in rage. She held him against the brick wall, pressing her long nails into his neck. The boy whimpered in pain. "Should I burn you alive or strangle you to death?"

"I'm sorry," the boy pleaded, rubbing his hands together.

"That's the problem, darling," Hyewon scoffed, "You're only sorry when you've been caught. Otherwise, you would go about your day without feeling the slightest bit of guilt."

The boy cried, "I won't do it again."

"Of course you won't do it again, how could you if you're gonna be dead?" Hyewon chuckled manically. She wrapped her hand around his neck, tightening her grip and watched as the life faded from his eyes.

"See you in Hell."

where's my guardian angel at 💳💥💳💥