09

| chapter nine | not now or ever

| chapter nine |
not now or ever..
« only fools fall for you,
only fools »

Watching as Hyewon stormed out of the staircase, Renjun did the same not long after. He wiped the angry tears that welled up in his eyes aggressively.

He felt like a fool. He trusted her so easily only to be disappointed in the end. It was his fault, too, for expecting more from a demon.

"You were right," Renjun stormed into the classroom. He sat beside the other angel. "Could I have been more of a fool for feeling something for her? I was so gullible."

"You were," Jeno admitted, "Very."

"Never again, I've learned from my mistake and I won't do it again," the angel tried to assure himself. But a part of him did not believe his own words. "I just can't believe I trusted her that easily. I was lured in."

"It is what they do best," Jeno said. "I'm just glad you realized before things got too far." Renjun nodded in agreement, yet, he was still unsure.

"I'm heading home early today. I don't want to come across her anymore," Renjun swung his bag over his shoulder as he waved his friend goodbye.

He walked through the halls and out the gates only to be pulled back in. He was dragged into a storage room and locked inside with a familiar demon. 

"You- what do you want?" The angel stammered as he glared at the demon before him.

"I just wanted to say hi," Hani grinned maniacally. She had him pressed against the wall at arms distance. "I also wanted to know about your relationship with Hyewon."

Renjun rolled his eyes. "I don't know what you're talking about. You heard her, we have no relationship. She simply used me for her benefit," he spoke bitterly.

"Oops, you heard what she said back there?" The demon taunted, "If I were honest with you, it'd probably be best if you stayed away from her. Not only because it's law, but also because she'll toss you away like trash after she's done with you."

"Aren't you her friend?" Renjun found it despicable how she talked down her friend in such a way when she wasn't any different.

"Yeah, which is why I'm warning you. I know her better than you ever will," she told him, but he knew better than to trust another demon.

"I don't need your warnings. I have nothing to do with her, not now or ever," the angel told her before exiting the storage space.

Renjun exhaled deeply making his way out of the gates successfully this time. To distract himself, he did what he was made to do. Help others. Every person he encountered, he smiled kindly and complimented them. He helped elders cross the street and carried grocery bags for others. He truly enjoyed putting smiles on other people's faces, but still, he wasn't fulfilled.

"You are so bored with your life that you look for fun where you can't have it." Her words played in his mind over and over again. He couldn't help but feel that she was right.

Why else would he be so persistent at first to continue meeting her? He didn't know her and yet she had him wrapped around her finger.

She still does. And the urge to see her still existed. But he managed to conceal it well from his friend and himself.

He looked up into the sky as if the answer to his troubles would soar across like a shooting star. He was clueless about everything. Except one thing,

Hyewon was right, he didn't feel love, not yet, what he felt for her was desire.

For once in the entirety of his life as an angel, an angel whose only purpose on Earth was to please and help others, he wanted something–someone for himself.

She was the first thing he was ever greedy for. He wanted her even though she would never feel what he felt for her. And even though he might get hurt amidst..

are ya'll in love or not? pick one already 🙄