Complications?

Maia was home getting ready to go over to Jill’s house and meet up with her David and Josh. She knew they wouldn’t do much but see a movie and talk so she just went with a comfortable sweater with leggings.

Maia decided she would walk to Jill’s. She didn’t want to bus or get a ride. She wanted some alone time and this would be the best time to do that.

 The walk was twenty minutes long. The weather wasn’t too bad and she got to think about everything. She was nervous more than she was excited. Josh had texted her but she didn’t reply very much.

 She called Jill to tell her that she is almost here. Josh had already arrived and they both went to the door to open it for Maia.

 Maia got to the door step and saw the door open with the two of them smiling at her. Jill held the door open for her as she walked inside her house. She examined it and noticed her siblings weren’t there, only her mother and father.

“Hey Maia,” Josh said as he waited for her to take off her shoes and hugged her.

She took off her shoes and hugged him. She looked at both of them, seeing what they were going to do.

“David’s not here yet, but we can go in the basement for now. Then when he gets here my parents are taking the basement and letting us have the living room to ourselves,” Jill said.

They both followed Jill to the basement. Jill then Maia then Josh behind. Josh took a seat right away on the nearest couch. He waved his hand for Maia to come sit beside him. So she did.

“Don’t do too much on that couch guys, David’s here so I’m going to go get him,” Jill said.

Maia shook her head and chuckled as Josh started laughing. Jill headed up the stairs to get David then call them up to stay in the living room to switch rooms with her parents.

“Maia, you like always look so cute,” Josh said to her.

“Thanks Josh,” Maia replied.

He put his head on her head.

“Is something wrong?” Josh questioned her.

“No, nothing. I’m just feeling tired,” Maia said.

“Aw baby,” Josh said as he kissed her on the cheek.

She moved slightly and they both kissed.

Jill opened the door and David walked in.

“Hey,” Jill said as David replied the same.

“You can put your shoes down here and hang up your coat there,” Jill said and directed him.

“JOSH! MAIA! YOU GUYS CAN HEAD UPSTAIRS NOW,” Jill screamed down to them.

They heard her and started going up the stairs, Josh let Maia go ahead of him.

“So what are the plans for us tonight?” David asked Jill.

Maia and Josh came up the stairs and saw David. They walked to him by the entrance and Josh gave his high five to him and he hugged Maia.

Jill’s mom and dad came and greeted themselves. Maia had already known them but they came out to talk to David and Josh before going downstairs and leaving them alone.