Helpful Feeling

Maia woke up on the next day with a huge smile on her face. She kept thinking of last night and how she felt being with Josh. She reached for her phone and noticed a text from Josh.

“Hi Maia, I know it’s 4AM right now and you probably won’t see this until you wake up, but I couldn’t get you off my mind and I hope you have a good sleep. Text me in the morning and you’re gorgeous don’t forget,” the text said.

Maia got the biggest smile on her face as she read his text. She thought she should tell Jill about it because she really wanted to talk about it with someone now. How Josh is was really sweet and she couldn’t help but be happy about it.

“So, I really want to talk about this now,” Maia started texting Jill.

“What is that girl?” Jill replied.

“Josh,” Maia said.

“What about him, start explaining?” Jill said.

          “He’s so sweet, he sent this paragraph and we talk a lot now and I don’t know he just makes me smile,” Maia replied.

“What does he say? Any flirting, maybe if there is then something is going on,” Jill replied.

Maia copied and pasted Josh’s text to Jill to show her what he last said.

“Cute girl, why did you feel like talking about this now? Is there something I don’t know?” Jill said.

“Yeah, you know how we got dared to kiss? He also kissed me without a dare before we left,” Maia replied.

“That’s so cute, do you like him?” Jill replied happily.

“I don’t know if I can say I like him, I do but then I don’t I really don’t know,” Maia replied.

“How do you not know if you like him?” Jill asked.

“I think, but do I know enough about him to like him? Maybe I should still keep trying to get to know him more before if I say I like him or not,” Maia replied.

“Well good luck. David wants to hang with me today, but I’m busy and I can’t. I feel so bad,” Jill brought up.

“It’s not your fault you’re already busy, but anyway I’ll see you tomorrow at school. Talk to you later,” Maia replied.

She got up and out of bed and headed downstairs to see her family went out. She sat at her table and went to reply to Josh.

“Aw that’s so sweet, thanks Josh. You’re so great. It really made me smile,” Maia said.

Maia decided to play her guitar while she was alone and wanted to get away from using electronics. She pulled it out of the corner of the room and started strumming. She felt like it has been so long since she last played. In the summer she would play all the time and was learning to play safe in my hands and once school came around she had to stop and didn’t have time.