The Fly By

It had been a few weeks since Maia sat down with her parents to tell them about the Liam incident. They were not pleased and they called the school to tell them as they had a meeting and Liam got an in school suspension for two days for what he did to Maia.

Maia, David and Jill were sitting in the hall together at lunch. It wasn’t feeling the same, there would often be awkward times between them where they wouldn’t talk.

“So how’s Josh?” Jill brought up.

“Oh, yeah. Josh. He’s alright, I guess,” Maia replied.

“We all should hangout Friday night,” Jill said.

“Sure, not like I have any plans yet,” David said.

“Okay, sure,” Maia said.

She hasn’t been talking to Josh as much, so maybe it would be good to see him again.

“What do you want to do?” Maia asked.

“You guys can come over to my place,” Jill offered.

“Sure,” Maia said.

“Well I of course have to ask first, but I think my parents would say okay to it,” Jill said.

“I haven’t been over to your house or met them yet, do they know anything about me or much about us?” David asked.

“Yeah of course, I’ve told them we’ve been dating, and they’d want to meet you,” Jill said.

“Would they be cool with us and boys over Jill?” Maia asked.

Jill’s parents are the type to be sweet but strict. They wouldn’t always like the idea of boys coming over. They are especially protective of that at home.