"It's you"

It was finally Friday, Jill and Maia were standing by Jill’s locker in the morning before classes started. Jill was reading Maia her texts from David from the other night and couldn’t stop smiling. They were flirting, big time. Maia was happy for her because she thought she should know David is just going to be a friend and she will accept her best friend dating him. He’s a great guy.

“Wanna come over after school Jill?” Maia interrupted.

“Sure, I was actually going to ask you if you wanted to hangout last night but I forgot” Jill said.

“Okay, cool. I’ll meet you by your locker at the end of the day, my mom can pick us up” she replied.

The bell rang and Maia started heading towards her vocal class. She saw David ahead of her and was unsure if she should go walk with him.

She sped up to be beside him walking and she gave him a push.

“Oh hey Maia” He said with a chuckle.

“GET TO CLASS” She joked.

They started laughing and basically raced to the classroom and took their seats in a group for their assignment. Tiffany was already there and she saw Maia and David enter together, basically pushing each other on who goes through the door first. Tiffany chuckled pretending she didn’t see them acting so silly.

Mr. Hamson was walking around the class expecting on how well everyone was working on their assignment. Tiffany, David and Maia were looking at the lyrics to safe in my hands. Tiffany and Maia already knew the song but they were showing David to help him get more familiar with the song.

“How are things going over here for you guys?” Mr. Hamson asked Tiffany, David and Maia.

“Good sir” They all replied at the same time.

“Good” Maia repeated.

The teacher nodded and walked away to go look at the rest of the class.

“I said that first though guys” David said.

He gave a joking push on the arm to Maia and Tiffany.

Tiffany chuckled and as did Maia, giving a push back to David.

The bell rang for next class. David and Maia walked out of the class together. They were walking and talking about the project before leaving different directions to class. Jill was on the corner and she spotted David and Maia joking around with each other. Jill got kind of jealous to see Maia being around him so much without her there. She tried to ignore it because Maia is her best friend and she knows how David is flirting with her and how she feels about it.

*THE END OF THE SCHOOL DAY*

Maia started walking to Jill’s locker so they could go out to the parking lot to meet her mom. She saw Jill skipping down the hallway to get to her locker where Maia was standing by.

“Why are you so cheery?” Maia questioned.