It's Over

After a while of thinking, Maia thought over her relationship with Josh and knew it wouldn’t be going any further and should come to an end.

“Hey can we meet today? I need to talk to you,” Maia texted Josh nervously.

“Sure Maia, meet at the pizza place in about an hour,” Josh agreed.

Maia was so nervous to do this. It was time to come clean and end things. Nothing was the same anymore. They barely connect and see each other and things are just getting awkward and going downhill.

Josh wasn’t so into the idea of a relationship anymore. He was also having thoughts. He thought Maia was a beautiful, amazing, kind hearted girl but things were just not there.

Maia walked up to the pizza place to see Josh there. She gave him a small smile and quick wave. Already it felt awkward between them.

“You wanted to talk to me?” Josh brought up.

“Yeah…” Maia said.

“What is it?” Josh asked.

“Well, you know…” Maia was going to start off.

“It’s over?” Josh asked but yet stated.

“Yeah, do you feel the same?” Maia asked.

“Yeah Maia I do. If we both feel this way then it really does have to be over,” Josh said.

“Okay, I’m glad it’s mutual. I’m sorry Josh,” Maia said.

“It’s okay. I’m sorry too,” Josh said.

They both looked at each other and just tapped each other on the back with a quick smile.

“You have something for David, don’t you?” Josh asked her.

“No, why would you say that? That isn’t why were breaking up,” Maia said.

“It seems like it. I could see it that you guys would be together. I know but it could be part of it,” Josh said.

“I don’t know, but thanks for understanding me Josh, I will see you around,” Maia replied.

“Anytime Maia, I’d be cool to still stay friends. Have a good day,” Josh replied as he saw Maia was about to leave.

Maia walked away and just thought about that whole break up. She was feeling okay but yet a bit empty. She thought it would be a good time to talk to her best friend for support.

She started calling Jill but by accident she pressed facetime instead of call but she didn’t bother to change it.

After a long time of ringing, Maia was about to hang up but then suddenly it said connecting as the call started working.