Help

Maia and Josh had planned their date to go to the movies on Friday then go over to Josh’s house. She was so excited but so nervous to be doing this alone with him.

Josh had to end their conversation after they had the plans to do homework then go to bed. Maia finally started to look through her books of work then went to bed.

The next morning Maia got out of bed and got ready for school. She got no text from Jill but she left it to go and meet her like usual. She headed for the stop and saw that Jill was already they’re waiting for her.

Maia walked up to her and right away they started walking together. They both hadn’t said a word. Jill didn’t say anything and Maia didn’t want to be the first to talk. What if it was as awkwardly silent like the last time?

They started walking at a faster pace than usual.

“Hey, is something wrong?” Maia spoke to Jill.

“Obviously, I wouldn’t be this silent if something wasn’t wrong,” Jill replied rudely.

“Okay sorry, well what is it?” Maia asked.

“This fight with David is pissing me off and you don’t seem to care about it or me,” Jill replied.

“I didn’t think you wanted to talk about it,” Maia replied.

“Well I do and it hurts, you seem to not want to hear about it,” Jill replied.

“I will and I don’t want to bug you about it anymore than it’s already bugging you,” Maia said.

They started slowing back down and Jill finally stopped being quiet and rude and started to explain to Maia. Right when she was explaining, Jill turned around and saw David not far behind from them.

“We got in a fight from Twitter and assuming stuff,” Jill started until she stopped and saw David.

David caught up with them from Jill and Maia walking so much slower and him picking up his speed.

“Look Jill, this is stupid. I’m sorry okay I just want things to be okay,” David said.

Jill stopped to think in silence for a quick minute and just gave in there and pretended nothing had happened.

“Nothing happened, lets pretend that’s the way it went,” Jill said forgiving.

The three of them smiled and almost got to class. Jill separated as Maia and David headed toward vocals room.

Maia and David walked side-by-side pushing each other lightly as a joke. Maia’s backpack was almost falling off her shoulders.

Maia and David sat in class next to Tiffany, as their teacher wasn’t there. They thought Mr. Hamson was running late so they stayed in their seats on their phones waiting.