Sinking In

Maia was thinking about the kiss on the cheek from David. She really did think that it was sort of wrong what went down.

“So I don’t think we should tell anybody about this,” David spoke.

 Maia went silent. She was feeling so guilty and now that David definitely wanted to keep it a secret, it could make it even worse.

 Maia got home and headed right for her bed. She got a phone call and it was from Josh. She quickly answered.

“Hello,” Maia said fast.

 “Hey Mai,” Josh said.

 “What’s up? Good time tonight?” Maia said.

 “Yes sure did baby,” Josh said sweetly.

 “I was actually thinking about going to bed soon,” Maia replied quickly after Josh said that.

“Okay, sorry. Text me if you can. Goodnight baby,” Josh said.

“Goodnight Josh,” Maia said.

She hung up the phone and shook. They acted like everything was fine but really it wasn’t all that good. Josh is a good guy that may not get too mad at her but Jill her best friend was the bigger issue.

Maia put her phone down next to her. As soon as she turned away she got a text. Right away she thought it was just Josh but she turned around to check what it said anyway. Instead, it was a text from David.

“Hey, can I call you quick? I know it’s late sorry,” David’s text said.

“Sure,” Maia replied.

Seconds after she sent her text back to David, she got a phone call from him.

“Hey Mai.” David said as soon as he saw Maia answered.

“Hey,” She said.

“So, about tonight,” David started.

Maia didn’t say anything; she just waited for him to continue on.

“Sorry if you felt uncomfortable with the kiss on the cheek, but Tiffany dared. Also, I didn’t mean to be annoying,” David said.

“It’s okay David. There’s nothing we can do about it now. Yeah what was all that for?” She asked him.

“It’s nothing. I’m sorry again,” David said.

“David, it’s okay,” Maia said.

“Well, I think we shouldn’t tell anyone. Especially Jill and Josh,” David said.

“Yeah, I guess so,” Maia said.

“I don’t know how Jill would react,” David said.

“Same. Okay David, I was actually going to go to bed. So goodnight,” Maia said.