14. Rest In Peace

Shubman POV

"Tell me abhishek. Is she fine???" I yelled.

"She is dead, shubman" he said turning away from me.
Whatttt? aNo that cant happen. The world stopped for a second. My heart skipped a beat. I was able to feel my heart beat. It was paining. She cant go like this 

"No, you are lying right. She can't leave me like that Abhay. You are lying" I said while my vision blurred due to tears forming in my eyes.

Abhay sat beside me and held me hand "Shubman" he said slowly, "you have to accept this truth shubman. She is dead. And she isn't coming back" he said.

"No Abhay, she wont. She promised me that she will be with me." I said with tearful eyes.

"Shubman" he said looking down.

"I can't live without her Abhay. I need her." I ran my fingers through my hair.

"She is no more. You need to accept the reality"

"But how? How I'm alive and she died." I stammered as a ball of pain formed in my throat.

"The truck hit you bike so hard shub. Since you were wearing helmet you was safe. But Zaara wasn't, head hit directly on the bumper of the truck and her skull was badly injured. She died, on the way to hospital" he explained.

I didn't know what to say. I was unable to think anything. The world turned blank. All I was able to hear was my only my heart beat.

"I killed her"

"No shubman, it was an accident"

I want to see her.

"I want to see her" I said crying heavily.

"No, shub. You can't"

"Why cant I. I want to see her" I yelled. The machine behind me started making noice. The doctor arrived before Abhay could reply me. And asked me to calm down.

"No, I cant. I want to see zaara" I said again.

"Shubman, her parents took her. She is not here" he said while doctor injected me something and I went unconscious.

-----

"Shubman" I heard my mother's voice. I slowly opened my eyes and saw her pale face.

My dad helped me sit upstraigh. I noticed myself. My ankle was bandaged and my right hand was fractured.

"Don't worry shub. It's a minor aircrack. You will he fine in 10 days." Mom said.

I hmmed.

"How are you feeling now shubman. Is it paining?"

"No dad, I'm better" I answered in my low voice.

"Whatever has happened has happened. Try to forget it" dad said caressing my back.

'Forget what?? Zaara?? My love?? No I cant. My life was fucking perfect till yesterday. Now its ruined. I'm done' I said to myself.

"Okay, don't get tensed calm down shubman"  mom said.

And Abhay entered.

"Hey shub, hope you are fine now" he said. He was not normal.

I mumbled a low Yes.

"And uncle aunty, the truck driver who hit shub's bike has been arrested. he was drunk while driving so he lost his control and hit shubman" he said.

"And shubman, I informed press as only you met with an accident. Not Zaara"

Still I cant believe that she is no more. She promised me that she wont leave me. She promised me that she will be with me till the end. She promised me that she will be there for me.

All the memories flooded on my mind. The moment I met her for the first time. The moment I fell for her. The moment I proposed her. The moment she proposed me. Our first hug. Out first kiss. Our first date. Everything.

Tears rolled down my cheek. My mom hugged me. "Things will be fine" she whispered in my ear.

___

This is the shortest chapter of the book. Keep reading more chapters are coming.

Please do recommend this book to more people and help this book reach more people.

Vote ❤