24. FlashBack

Shubman

I walked into the crease hearing the crowd roaring my name. I first bumped with Mayank, "Ball is turning, stay careful " he said.

I nodded my head and walked to the striker end. I looked at the strands, Renu was there sitting in the family box along with Kriti and other wags. Yeah family box it's for families, but Renu wasn't comfortable with other's managers as they all were strangers to her. She was fine with Kriti and gelled well with her
So I asked Renu to occupy the family box.

As soon as she noticed that I was looking at her she showed thumbs up and mouthed "All the best". I smiled.

We were chasing kiwis, we just needed 38 runs from 5 overs. I started batting along with mayank. We won the match in the next 3 overs and it was a comfortable win.

-----

I was chilling in my room while someone knocked and entered. It's none other than Renu.

"Congrats for the win and you batted so well today" she said.

I thanked her. "And Renu, I spoke with Anikha. She said she was playing some kind of prank on you." I said after a pause.

"I dont know what kind of prank was that" she chuckled.

"Yeah, she also apologised to me and asked me to convey her apology to you"

"Okayyy" she said. I'm so happy that this issue came to an end.

"So, the most handsome, one of the most eligible bachelor of the country and the dashing shubman Gill doesn't have a girlfriend?"

"Nope", I laughed.

"Anikha isn't your girlfriend?"

"Nope"

"Suhana" isn't your girlfriend?"

"Nope"

"Zaara isn't your girlfriend?"

"What?" What did I just hear?

"Saara... saara tendulkar isn't your girlfriend ?"

"Nah" I said.

"Why so?"

"I haven't found someone as captivating as you, Ms. Renu" I said.

"Stop kidding shubman" she laughed.

My phone went off before I could speak again.. It was mom. I excused myself and attended the call.

"Hello mumma"
"Thank you"
"I'm fine"
"Yes ma, I ate"
"How is dad and shahneel?"
"Okay mumma "
"Talk to you later"
"Bye. Love you " I hung the call.

"It was mom" i said sitting beside Renu on my bed.

'Yeah" she said in a dull tone.

"Okay, where is you family? You have never said anything about them" I asked.

"I dont have one"

"What?"

"Yeah." Her voice lowered and she looked uncomfortable

"Its okay, if you dont want to say. That's fine" I said getting off the bed.

She held my hand, "My dad died when I was 5. After three years, my mom married her colleague. He never liked me and always stayed away from me. Four months back, my mom died due to cancer. And soon after she died, my step dad, abandoned me and threw me out."

"I didnt knew what to do and were to go. And very Soon I ran out of money and was in need of a job. That's when abhay came for rescue and offered me this job." She added.

"Shit. I'm sorry" I felt really bad for her

"Please shub, dont show sympathy. I'm tired of it."

I wiped the tears which rolled down her cheek, and pulled her closer for a hug. She wrapped her arms around me. "Stay strong" I whispered.

_____

Ik it's a short chapter. But something great is coming up. So stay tuned.

And do you feel love between shub n Renu????

Then, dont forget to upvote!