Chapter 44: Late Night Talk

We were back at the apartment, standing in the kitchen. We were both trying to understand a recipe on the Internet, and having a hard time agreeing on the instructions.

"Damien! There are 8 ounces in a cup." I argued.

"How do you know?" He looked at me.

"Because I passed the fourth grade." I pushed him aside and grabbed the measuring cup.

"The recipe says we need ½ cup of milk. Why do you have ¼?" Damien picked up the cup of milk I had measured out.

"Because we're only making half the recipe." I poured flour into the bowl.

"Can y'all keep it down over there? Tryna watch TV." Violet yelled from the living room.

"Are you sure you don't want to join us, Violet?" I asked.

"From the way you guys are arguing, I'm fine over here." She yelled back.

"Suit yourself." I shrugged.

I carefully measured out the salt because too much would be a disaster.

"Damn, you look so sexy right now," Damien whispered into my ear.

I let out a little gasp. "Stop. I can't mess this up." I poured the salt into the bowl. I turned around to grab the baking powder.

When I turned back around, Damien threw flour at me.

I gasped and wiped the flour off my face. I looked at him, a deadly look in my eyes. "Oh. It's on." I grabbed flour and threw it at him.

Before he could throw anymore at me, I ran around to the other side of the counter and hid behind the chair.

He smirked. "You know I'll get you, Belle." He ran around to my side

"Never." I ran around to the other side, both of us still across from each other. I grabbed some flour and threw it towards him.

"Ah." He put his hand over his eye. "It's in my eye." He tried to get it out.

"Are you ok?" I walked up to him and put my hands up to his face to look at the eyes. Just then, he smirked and I knew he faked it. "No." Damien grabbed the flour behind me and threw it at my face. "You-" I lifted my hands to hit him, but he turned away shielding himself from me.

I took that as my opportunity to jump on his back. "Naya!" I wrapped my arms around his neck and he put his arms under my thighs to support me up.

Just then the doorbell rang.

"Violet! Get it!" Damien yelled.

"No! You!" She yelled back.

The front door opened and Rocco walked in. "It's ok. I got it."

"How did you get in?" Violet asked.

"I have a key to the place, obviously."

"Of course you do."

"So how are the two- Oh wow!" Rocco turned to us. "You're having fun I see."

Damien turned his head to look at me, grinning.

Rocco pulled out his phone from his pocket and faced it towards us. "Smile."

I smiled wide at the camera, but Damien kept his gaze on me.

"Aww, cute." Rocco put his phone down.

"Send it to me!" I told him.

Damien and I somehow managed to finish the cupcake batter and put them in the oven. Rocco and Violet sat on the couch, watching TV, while Damien and I went to shower in separate bathrooms.