Thirty Five

"I don't want to go back to school tomorrow." Newt whines. "I don't like people." Thomas kisses him. "Quit that!" He cries.

"Why?" Thomas says.

"You're just making me not want to go to school more!" He says. He sighs angrily.

Thomas puts a hand on his thigh. "I'm sorry." Thomas says. He moves closer to him.

"Tommy, what are you doing?" Newt asks, looking at him.

"Oh, sorry, I'm not helping, am I?" Thomas says but he doesn't move his hand.

Newt looks at him. "You are very annoying."

"Nah..." Thomas says.

Newt chuckles, rolling his eyes. "Yeah, okay." He kisses him softly. "Now get up before I make you."

Thomas laughs but stands up. Newt does too.

"Why are standing?" Thomas asks.

"Because," Newt says. "We can't just sit all day."

"We could." THomas says.

"Tommy." Newt says. "No."

"Right, right..." Thomas says. He takes his hand.

Newt sighs. "Come on."

The next day, Newt walks to the bus stop, really not wanting to be there. He sees Thomas. He smiles slightly. At least it won't be pure torture. He walks over to him and hugs him.

"I swear to god you are the only reason I am going to school," Newt says, pulling away.

Thomas smiles. "Yeah, cause we all know how great I am."

"God, shut up." Newt says, shoving him lightly.

Thomas laughs. He kisses Newt. "Sorry."

"You should have to say that less." Newt says.

"Yeah, you're probably right." Thomas says.

The bus pulls up and both boys climb on. They see Brenda, who looks up at them, her brown hair hanging in her eyes. She jumps up and runs over to them, grabbing them both by the arms and pulling them over to the seat.

"Guys," She says, sitting next to them. "We have a problem."

"What?" Thomas asks.

"Teresa." She says. "She's..."

"What?" Newt asks impatiently.

"Well..." Brenda says. "It's not that bad or anything, it's just that Minho's friends with her now and, well, Penny's gone and Minho says that she likes Thomas again so I said-"

"Okay, Bren, back up." Newt says. "Why the hell is Minho friends with Teresa?"

"Oh, yeah," Brenda says. "Well, he was in her history class and then they had to do a project together and...that's not the point. The point is that Newt can kill her now."

Newt looks up. "Really?"

"No." Thomas says.

"Tommy, come on." Newt says. "You hate her too!"

"That doesn't make murder okay!" Thomas says.

"You punched Mark!" Newt says.

"That's different," Thomas says. "First of all, I didn't KILL him, and second of all-"

"Boys!" Brenda shouts. "Shut up! That's no the point. Newt, I don't mean to literally kill her, although you can punch her, I guess, if you want to. What I'm trying to say is that if she sits with us, let's be mean to her."