Sixty Six

Newt walks into Thomas's room. Thomas turns around and looks at him.

"Hey," Thomas says. "What's up?"

Newt just walks over to him and hugs him, pressing his forehead against his neck. Thomas hugs him, wrapping his arms around his waist.

"You okay?" Thomas asks.

"I'm fine." Newt says. "I just missed you. It's not fair that I don't get to spend every minute with you."

"You kind of do, though." Thomas says. "It's only at night that I don't see you."

"Yes, exactly." Newt says, lifting his head. "I love you."

Thomas smiles, chuckling softly. "I love you too." He pauses. "You are aware it's seven am, right?"

"Yes." Newt says. "We have to go to school."

"Oh." Thomas says. "Yeah, right. I'd forgotten."

Newt chuckles. He takes his hand. "Come on, Tommy, let's go."

"Wait, just before we go, one thing." Thomas says.

"Yeah, what is it?" Newt says. 

Thomas kisses him, pulling him against him. Newt smiles against his lips and kisses him back. 

"Tommy, that did not need to happen before we go." Newt says, grinning.

"Yes, it did." Thomas says, taking both his hands and swinging their arms. 

Newt shakes his head, a smile still on his face. "Tommy, we're going to be late now."

"I don't care." Thomas says, kissing him again.

"Tommy, quit it." Newt says. "Come on, we really have to go now." Thomas looks at him. "Oh my god, Tommy, later, okay? But right now, we have to go."

Thomas groans. "Fine.

They walk out the door and to the bus. Once they get there, they see Brenda waiting for them at the bus stop.

"Hey, Bren." Newt says, pulling Thomas along. "How's Teresa?"

"Good." Brenda says. "She should be here soon. Hate her still?"

"I haven't decided yet." Newt says. "But at least she isn't kissing Thomas anymore."

"Yes, well," Brenda says. "I think all three of us hope that's true."

Teresa runs over to them. "Hi, Brenda. Boys." She kisses Brenda quickly. Newt watches her. "Still don't trust me, Newt?"

"No." Newt says. "But I guess I don't hate you. As much. But trust you? Never."

Teresa shrugs. "That's fair. I'm still sorry, though."

"Yeah, you better be." Newt says, folding his arms. 

Brenda takes Teresa's hand and Thomas puts his hand on Newt's shoulder.

"You don't have to be mad at her anymore." Thomas says into his ear, leaning closer to him.

"You don't know that." Newt says sharply.

The bus arrives and Minho runs over. "Hello." He says, skidding to a stop as they climb onto the bus.

"You're late." Brenda says as they slide into a seat, a dangerous amount of people in it. Brenda pauses. "I think we may need two seperate seats now."

"No." Thomas says. 

"Yeah, here, I can help." Newt says and he move sinto Thomas's lap.

Thomas laughs but wraps his arms around his waist. Newt leans his head back against Thomas's shoulder, closing his eyes.

"Alright, fine." Brenda says. 

"School starts too early." Newt says. 

"Yes." Brenda says. "Yes, yes, it does."

They get to school and off the bus.

"Bye!" Brenda says, pulling Teresa along with her. 

Newt waves. "See you later, Tommy." He says, kissing him. 

"Love you." Thomas says, releasing his hand.

"Love you too." Newt says. 

After school, the other four go over to Newt's house. Newt sits on the counter, taking a bar of chocolate out of the cabinet. 

"Don't judge me," He says. "Chocolate is the best food."

"It does not count as a food." Minho says.

Thomas laughs, shaking his head. "Minho, I wouldn't start about this."

"Yeah, Minho." Newt says. "It is too a food."

"It's a candy." Minho says. "There's a difference."

"Minho," Brenda says. "Candy is food."

Minho rolls his eyes. "Whatever. You guys are weird."

Thomas opens the fridge. "Well, that's true but unrelated." 

Newt nods. "Mhm. You should have some chocolate if you don't think it's food."

"No." Minho says. "I don't like chocolate."

Newt gasps, falling off the counter. He stands back up and looks at Minho. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Nothing." Minho says. "It just doesn't taste good."

"Sometimes I forget why we are even friends." Newt says, shaking his head. 

Minho scoffs. "Okay, Newt. I have to go."

"Yeah, us too." Brenda says. "Bye, boys."

"Bye." Newt says. 

The three of them walk out and Newt turns to Thomas, sitting back on the counter.

"Am I allowed to kiss you now?" Thomas asks. "You said later."

Newt laughs. "Yes, Tommy."

So Thomas kisses him and Newt kisses him back, putting his hands in his hair. 

A/N: Today is the last day of pride. *sighs sadly* Anygay, thanks for reading. Love you guys. <3.