CHAPTER 15 - Hashira: Part 3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The meeting at the Ubuyashiki Residence was attended by only a handful of people who were around and concerned over the situation that they had heard.

"The Master is here." the daughters of Kagaya Ubuyashiki introduced the leader of the Demon Slayer Corps. The man walked ahead and sat down.

"We are missing quite a number of people, and I was expecting so." Master Ubuyashiki began.

The door was slid open as Law and Kanao entered the meeting room at two minutes past nine.

"You are late." Iguro slithered.

"No one asked you, Hebi-ya*." Law retorted.

Oh my, Captain Law is going toe-to-toe with Obanai. I'm flustered! Mitsuri blushed. It caught Law's glance. The Captain of the Hearts Pirates nodded to Master Ubuyashiki and sat down alongside Kanao.

"So, why did you bring Shinobu's Tsuguko?" Uzui asked.

"We'll get to that." Law mentioned. Uzui nodded, and both of them waited for Master Ubuyashiki to begin.

"I believe you've received Shinobu's report from her journey yesterday." he began, "I wouldn't be going into details regarding Roronoa Zoro's surprising decision, for that was a decision taken by him alone." He took out papers from his coat attached with a string.

"A letter has arrived from Shinobu a while back. The date at the end, mention that the events had taken place yesterday." Master Ubuyashiki detailed, "Now before I discuss the content of these pages, most of you understand the significance of the crows and their travel speed. I've received reports from Kakushis regarding dead flocks along the way and can only expect Muzan Kibutsuji with his demons involved in this hindrance. In the end, the crows are ever faithful and delivered this letter to the Kakushis and thus, to us. This has piqued my interest in Kibutsuji's plans. The hindrance of information began with the arrival of the pirates ashore, and I'm afraid, Kibutsuji might be planning to make contact with the leader of these pirates."

Law wasn't expecting such news. It was a terrifying thought for the Beast Pirates and the Demons to ally.

"Damn!" Law slammed his right fist onto the Tatami mat, knowing full well that Ubuyashiki's predictions were very possible. Mitsuri and Kanao observed him with uneasy looks.

"I can only emphasise your situation right now, Captain Law." said Master Ubuyashiki.

"We might've made a mistake coming here." Law said with a tone of regret.

"That doesn't matter." Master Ubuyashiki replied, "I want you in the area. From what you have told us, Zoro was the one who had fought Kokushibo, and from that encounter itself, Kibutsuji must be interested in a man of his calibre. But your fighting ability and medical expertise are oblivious to Kibutsuji's eyes."

"If you are asking me to stay, there was no point in adding further. I had decided to wait out any form of discrepancies." Law said, "And I wouldn't be worried about Zoro-ya too much."

Master Ubuyashiki smiled to his conviction.

"You have high hopes for your comrade, and I'm glad we are in the same boat." he said, emphasising the paper on his hand, "Shinobu has mentioned of the further events. Apparently, she was able to board a ship yesterday that was supposed to imprison Zoro. The confinements were vacant as she has mentioned."

"He must've escaped." Law believed.

"I'm impressed. Shinobu handled all those pirates on her own? I thought they were vicious." Mitsuri said.