CHAPTER 9 - A Pirate's Graveyard

P. S. - The following chapter has spoilers from the Kimetsu no Yaiba manga. Please employ discretion before reading ahead.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...Two Sword Style - Tower Climb!" Zoro flashed his dual blades, Wado Ichimonji and Shusui.

The huge tentacle was wounded but the force from underwater hadn't been strong enough at that moment to cut it into pieces. The Kraken was taken by surprise letting go of the pressure upon the ship, the latter which had resurfaced above the water.

"That was close!" Zoro heaved.

Law was weakened being doused into the seawater. Many of Moria's weaker zombies had lost their shadows, the shadow master himself being weakened.

"It's coming again!" Shinobu noticed.

"Damn it! Eighth Style - Waterfall Jar!" Tomioka leaped high confronting the incoming limb. He performed a vertical slash that cut down the already damaged tentacle.

"Tora-o! Get those zombies to work!" Zoro shouted.

"There, that's the beast." Shinobu observed the Kraken's head above the water.

"Shinobu, help Tomioka out. I'll handle that." Zoro said, ready to attack.

"Stop the tentacles at all cost!" Law shouted. The zombies heeded to his order and got to work protecting the ship against the countless limbs. Two of them rushed towards Tomioka, who had raged the Kraken.

"Dance of the Bee Sting - Mere Fluttering!" Shinobu drew out her thin blade and pierced through one of the incoming limbs.

"Flower Breath - Fourth Form - Crimson Hanagoromo!" To her surprise, Kanae showed up with a curved-slash attack that blocked the second tentacle slamming towards Tomioka.

"Sister!" Shinobu was surprised. The tentacle on her end began to weaken from the poison that was injected with her attack.

"Thunder Breath - First Style - Thunderclap and Flash!" Master Kuwajima aided the tentacle's demise with a single strike dice.

"Room! Shambles!" Law replaced the falling pieces overboard.

"Protect the ship!" Dr. Hogback shouted as the Kraken became berserk. The ship rattled mad. More of the zombies fell into the water. Zoro tried to keep his balance against the rocking ship.

"Two Sword Style - 720 Pound Phoenix!" He swirled his two blades creating a strong Flying-blade attack. The Kraken dived underwater to avoid the blow, but the attack pierced its body through the tempest water. It roared spouting blood and water. The tentacles began to withdraw.

"Quickly! Get the ship out of the maelstrom!" Law shouted.

All the zombies and men took the oars and paddled like crazy. Jack was far off and they couldn't get a better chance to escape.

"One, two, one, two..." the zombies coordinated with the humans and managed to make good progress.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ship finally made it out of the horrendous ordeal. Despite being zombies, they were tired.

"I hope this doesn't happen again. We survived by an inch." Shinobu noted.

"That was close." Zoro heaved.

"Alright, no time to rest. The enemy might yet pursue us. Most of all, we can't let Jack and his crew near the ship."