CHAPTER 35 - Monsters & Regimen: Part 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kagaya Ubuyashiki explained the situation regarding Jack. He mentioned that the enemy was on the move to find Trafalgar Law, one of the leading members of some collaboration.

"The ravens mention an alliance." said Ubuyashiki.

"What kind?" asked Iguro. Despite his wounded situation, he was adamant about attending the meeting.

"A Pirate Alliance." explained Law, "Zoro-ya's crew, the Straw Hat Pirates, led by Monkey D. Luffy and the Heart Pirates, led by yours truly. Jack's after us since we did some damage to their business."

"That's some flamboyant trouble we are into!" bellowed Uzui, "Kibutsuji and Jack. Two devastating terrors."

Mitsuri seemed worried.

"I can assure you Jack won't find the location of the headquarters easily." Ubuyashiki assured.

"Let's hope so. We can't take on the two of them at once." Uzui said, "This Jack had been fazed none. Tomioka and I had given it all just to survive."

"I can't say about Kibutsuji, but you can leave Jack alone to myself and Zoro-ya. He won't be dented without Haki." said Law.

"Haki? Wasn't that the ability you used in our duel?" asked Mitsuri.

Law nodded.

"Tomioka summarised a bit. Said it can be used to enhance attack and defence." said Uzui.

Everyone looked upon Law.

"So, how do you gain the ability?" asked Himejima.

"It's not easy to control Haki. For an average person, it takes years to master one form." Law said.

"There are different forms? Like Breathing techniques?" asked Mitsuri.

"More or less. Just as Breathing techniques require the practice and enhancement of breathing styles through experience and training, Haki requires the understanding of the human spiritual energy to control the aura and understand the things around." Law explained, "In summary, Haki has three forms - the foresight ability of Observation, the spiritual shielding and enforcing ability called Armament. Finally, the Conqueror's Haki, is possessed by a handful of people in the world and cannot be learnt."

He looked upon Mitsuri, "I used the first two abilities against you in our fight."

"No wonder you are so strong. You were unfazed." she complimented.

"Well, I thought to try teaching the kids the basics." Law said, referring to Tanjiro and Zenitsu who were waiting outside.

"Mitsu-ya has impressive physical strength but I have no idea over Hebi-ya, Uzu-ya or Hime-ya's abilities. I may teach possible candidates if I can assess their experience and skills."

"I am grateful." said Ubuyashiki, "But duty calls for the Demon Slayers, and we shall not be able to cover up the Demonic activities that harass the common folks every day. I hear Shinobu, Kanao and Giyu have begun training with Zoro. Together with Tanjiro and his young friends that's the number of trainees I can provide right now. I apologise."

"That's understandable." Law nodded.

"Aw! I wanted to learn Haki. It looked so refined and overwhelming." whined Mitsuri.

"Silence, Mitsuri! We are in the presence of the Master." hissed Iguro.

Mitsuri pouted.

The Master and his guests discussed the defence of the headquarters should demons attack after sunset and planned a force of action should there be a breach.