CHAPTER 3 - Revenant

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Is everyone alright?" Zoro asked. Most of the people made a reply. A few of them took injuries from the demons. Shinobu had mentioned the human fatality behind demon wounds. Humans were susceptible to turning into one. Zoro mentioned the ones with injuries to step aside, sorting them out for the doctors to look into the matter. Speaking of which, Law was back. He returned back to the village and found things out of order.

"What's going on?" he asked. Shinobu was back and brought along a new face. Zoro was supervising the volunteers to keep an eye out in all directions. Law understood that the village was attacked in his absence. He believed it must've been an attack from the southern side, where Shinobu was situated, but then, he had found all those holes cracking up through the ground.

"A subterranean attack." he told himself. He was surprised by the enemy's ingenuity.

"Oh my, its Captain Law." Shinobu discovered, "How did it fare on the northern side?"

"That guy's in cohorts with you?" Giyu Tomioka asked her.

"Yeah, he's a surgeon. I believe he'll be able to help with the injured." Shinobu replied.

"How did it go, Tora-o? As you can see, things could've been worse out here." Zoro showed up.

"I was just surprised they attacked from the ground. I've dealt with the bunch to the forest north." Law said, "The demon said he was a Lower Moon, Number 3. Kocho-ya mentioned that these Moon-demons were formidable."

"What?" Tomioka was surprised, "You met one of the Twelve Moons?"

"That demon was all talk. He escaped with his tail between his legs. They are good at fleeing, if you'd ask me." Law recounted, "Tell me, who's this Muzan Kibutsuji?"

Shinobu and Tomioka were shocked by the name.

"Don't tell me he's here?" Tomioka asked.

"I haven't said anything." Law replied.

"Indeed, and I hope he's not around. We are not prepared to handle him right now." Shinobu said.

"No wonder you are alive. But I must praise that you had survived a Demon Moon. What did you do?" Tomioka asked.

"I did what I had to. It seemed they believed my abilities as some form of sorcery. But, they were more concerned about regrouping back. I took down most of the others."

"So the Demon Moon escaped, eh? Well, that's unsettling." Shinobu said.

"I'm not going to wait here for another attack. These guys should be put into their place." Zoro was annoyed, "All the demons are done here. But I doubt we can track them down easily."

"As a matter of fact, I might have some idea." Tomioka mentioned, "I had a run-off against one of their smaller groups and it seemed that they had come from the northern side of the island."

"That Moon-Demon fled north." Law mentioned, coinciding with Tomioka's statement.

"I guess we have a lead." Tomioka nodded.

"But tell me, Tomioka. You had mentioned you found the children from the village." Shinobu asked.

"Yeah. They are safe."

"Very well. We need to move ahead once we are done here. I doubt they'd dare to attack again." Law mentioned.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------