CHAPTER 33 - Band, Bane & Bonfire

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An Upper Demon Moon in the courtyard. Yells resounded through the Mansion. Everyone was aghast. Shinobu, Kanao, Zoro, Tomioka, and Uzui hadn't expected the unexpected welcome.

"What's going on?" Shinobu gasped.

Aoi was unconscious. Inosuke trembled to discover the flames and lightning and agony displayed through the carved-up pieces of Daki.

Despite being a Demon herself, Tamayo covered her mouth in repel.

"She wasn't like this when we brought her in." Tanjiro mentioned, disturbed like everyone else.

"Where is Captain Law?" Yushiro demanded.

Tears in Mitsuri's eyes. The smell of a Demon's burning flesh writhing in agony, whilst unable to perish from the misery.

"I told you, another Upper Demon Moon had showed up in the pursuit. Nezuko and Zenitsu stayed behind with the Captain."

"Take the kids inside." Tamayo bellowed. She couldn't take it anymore. She led Kiyo, Naho, and Sumi through the corridor. Tanjiro carried Aoi and went along with Inosuke. Kanao went after them from Shinobu's insistence. Inosuke shivered as they walked through the corridor.

"That was very unsettling." he said.

Tanjiro nodded.

The rest of the adults continued to observe the ordeal.

"Something must have gone wrong." said Tomioka.

"Captain Law mentioned a disturbing thought whilst his return." said Mitsuri.

"Wait, he was out?" Zoro was surprised.

Mitsuri nodded.

"He went to Tokyo. It seems you have a ship under construction." said Hinatsuru.

"We encountered Upper Demon Moons during our return." said Suma.

"You were with him?" Zoro asked, "Who are you people?"

"They are my wives." Uzui replied. Much as he wanted to hug all three of them, the unsettled situation made it unfit for any sort of happiness.

"Alright." Zoro accepted.

"So," Mitsuri continued, "we know that Kibutsuji is alive..."

"What?" Shinobu snapped.

"Please, Shinobu-chan, let me finish."

"How in the world is he alive?" Tomioka asked, losing his cool.

Mitsuri became teary-eyed once again, not being able to take the lash.

"Alright, calm down. Let her speak." Hinatsuru stepped in.

Tamayo had returned back to the courtyard.

"Thank you." Mitsuri wiped her tears. She continued, "Tamayo-san here is a Demon, who's..."

Blades clicked. Tomioka and Uzui drew their Nichirin swords. Zoro glared ahead ready to employ his Shusui.

"Please!" Mitsuri bellowed.

"You men have no common sense! Big bullies!" bellowed Suma, tears in her eyes.

"That's right." Shinobu turned around with a nod, "Especially, Tomioka."

Tomioka returned an annoyed face.

"Alright, someone explain what's going on? Why do you think Kibutsuji is not dead and why are Demons in this Mansion? And I don't mean the Upper Moon." Uzui laid out the points.