CHAPTER 20 - Nightmares: Part 4 - Bursting Slash! Zoro vs. Hawkins!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Straw Demon came back to life. The ladies were injured. The target was Roronoa Zoro, a man from the East Blue known for his sword skills and infamy. He drew his blades, confronting Hawkins' demon made from Devil Fruit powers. He lashed out like a beast, long hungriness for a payback.

"Nigiri - Tower Climb Ripple!*" In a matter of an instant, the burst of slash tore down the Straw Man in two. Chaos was heard amongst the Beast Pirates, one of whom was taken down as a substitute from the attack. Hawkins checked his cards once again. There was no improvement in his fate. Intimidation shrouded his mind. The Pirate Hunter rushed in for a hunt.

"Demon Bear!" Zoro pounced onto the Magician with the demeanour of a demon pouring rage and grim intent upon his opponent. Hawkins turned the remnants of the Straw Man back to a sword, blocking Zoro's fearsome blow. The force let out a shockwave. The Pirate Hunter retorted for playing dirty against him.

"Not so tough now, are you?" Zoro roared, glaring upon his prey. He won the rally, sending Hawkins' sword knocking off his grip. The former made a pursuit, giving no chance for Hawkins to regain hold of his blade.

"Rhino Cycle!" Zoro whirled his blades cutting Hawkins into the air. The attack took out another two of the Beast Pirates. Three men fell since the moment Zoro began his carnage. Shinobu and Kanae observed the human, rampaging with his demonic moves. Shinobu knew that they had given a good fight, managing to reduce Hawkins' puppets. The struggle on their side was gruesome, and not without damage. Compared to their ordeal, Pirate Hunter Zoro toyed with his enemy. He was serious. He was on land, he was pissed and Hawkins had no innocent prisoners. Perfect conditions to go wild.

Hawkins transformed himself into his straw form, pouring nails down with his elongated arms from above. Zoro sensed his moves. He was found as a silhouette in front of the moon above Hawkins, and the trees. The bystanders saw the silhouette of an executioner ready to pour judgement upon the felon. Holding his two swords above his head, he hurled down with a somersault.

"Tower Climb Return!" Two raging slashes ripped through Hawkins. Two more of the pirates fell, taking their numbers down into single digits. Shinobu couldn't fathom that Hawkins held his companions as a substitute all this time. A cowardly move for a leader, she believed. Hawkins dodged on the ground, leaping aside avoiding Zoro who dropped rage from above. A magnificent demonstration of Zoro's Two-Sword Style, Kanae believed. Despite his Shusui, the Pirate Hunter was ferocious as ever, more so than she had ever seen him on Moria's ship. A terrifying time for anyone who's not expecting to die.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hawkins got hold of his dropped blade. Half of the pirates rushed in seeing their losing side. They hoped to gang up on the enemy.

"Fools!" Hawkins retorted their action. He couldn't stop them. And they couldn't stop Zoro.

"Hawk Wave!" The gust of slashing wind cleared Zoro's path off the riff-raffs that stood in his way. Hawkins wasn't to be spared. Zoro's eyes never left his glare, his mind calm and composed, yet filled with wrath. He lowered his Kitetsu, swinging his Wado Ichimonji.

"36 Pound Phoenix!" He swung out a Flying Slash. Hawkins leaped, dodging the attack. Shinobu observed the projection was slowed than usual, similar to when Zoro had used his Shusui against Oars. The 108 Pound Phoenix from back then decelerated due to Shusui's potential weight. But in contrary to Thriller Bark, Zoro had mastered the Shusui and his Flying Slashes over the two years. Hawkins thought not to allow Zoro gaining a mid-air advantage. He soon realised that his opponent was one step ahead. The Pound Phoenix was just a bait. Zoro was above him, making a vertical slice from high.