CHAPTER 29 - Desperation

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Law was found in the yard with a stern face. Fireflies lit with the onset of evening. He had arrived at the Butterfly Mansion with his companions from Tokyo. Though Law had been unhurt, the caretakers of the Mansion discovered Tengen Uzui's wives in a condition of concern.

"What happened?" Aoi asked with an anxious look.

Sumi, Kiyo and Naho were afraid.

"Demons." replied Maki, "Captain Law saved us from a terrible fate."

"You were with Hashira Uzui the other day." Aoi told her.

"We are his wives." Hinatsuru replied, much to the girls' awe.

Law looked around.

"Where are the others?" he asked.

"Lady Kanroji shall return soon. Hashira Iguro had faced a Demon Moon and was wounded in battle. The Lady was concerned." said Aoi.

"Iguro? That snake guy?"

Aoi nodded.

"Lady Tamayo and Yushiro are in their rooms." she said.

"It seems everything's in control out here. I'll leave in an hour to check on Hebi-ya. Leave me his address before I depart." said Law.

"Hebi-ya?" Sumi was confused.

"I think he means Hashira Iguro. He has a pet snake if I remember right." said Kiyo.

"Please escort these ladies to the infirmary and take a blood sample. They were wounded by a Moon-Demon." said Law indicting Uzui's wives, "Let Miss Tamayo know of the same. I'll join you in a moment."

Aoi and the girls nodded leading Hinatsuru and her co-wives through the Mansion.

"Captain Law."

Aoi turned around.

"A messenger crow had showed up today at the headquarters before you arrived." she said.

"Zoro-ya?" Law asked.

Aoi nodded, "Master Ubuyashiki had sent a mail to the Butterfly Mansion describing the events. The letter is at your desk."

"What happened?" Law asked.

"Lady Shinobu and Hashira Zoro were found by the Demon King Muzan Kibutsuji. And they had to fight pirates."

Law couldn't keep his shock.

"Very well. I shall meet you in a short moment." he said, dashing off inside.

As he left, Mitsuri arrived and observed the gathering at the Butterfly Mansion yard. She found Law rushing inside.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"Captain Law has just arrived. We mentioned him of the news from the afternoon." Aoi said.

Mitsuri understood the man's need to get detailed. She walked along the corridor and turned right towards Law's room, discovering him reading the letter in front of him with great attention. His hands shook from the details mentioned on the paper. Despite the agitation building up he instead folded the letter and placed it on his table. He took a deep breath and sighed, turning around to find his observing visitor waiting outside.

"Your Demon King is dead." Law mentioned.

Mitsuri did not reply for a while as Law placed his sword on the table.