CHAPTER 7 - Master of the Ark: Part 1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The storm raged like a mad beast, ill-caring for its brave voyagers that had embarked onto its stormy path. Law was surprised to find that his compass had been working. He could confirm that they were no longer in the Grand Line but situated in some other sea. It could've been the Four Blues or somewhere else. He enquired Shinobu.

"We are in the belt of the Ryukyu Islands." she said.

Law and Zoro couldn't fathom the thought. Ryukyu Islands did not ring any bells.

"We are heading after them to the west. Do you know the sea?" Law asked again.

"I received a chart when we had departed from Tokyo." Shinobu drew out a map from inside her shirt.

"Why's the map all wet?" Zoro asked.

"It doesn't matter." Shinobu cut him short. Law found the answer. The map was drenched with her sweat, as the battles went weary.

"There are loads of islands to the west. We are picking up pace but we might lose sight of them in this storm." Law wrapped the map, returning it back to Shinobu.

"I'll take watch in the front. We are making good speed with the wind." Law added.

"They must've doused all their lights. I fear for Tomioka and my sister. Any ship might capsize in this storm." Shinobu said, "How are we going to board the ship?"

"Leave that to me." Law replied, "I fear that those pirates might notice us once we are near. We have no weapons to throw back at them. They'd surely not show any mercy on their side."

The others agreed.

Law added, "On the other side, I doubt they'd have brought only one boat for a crew as mighty as Jack's. His whole crew was packed and ready for war back on that island. We need to keep a watch on the rear as well."

"I must admit that you are good at speculating the situation." Zoro said.

"That's Kaido's men and a former Warlord we are dealing with. I can't have any thought of rest right now."

"So our objective's retrieving Tomioka and then returning back to our crew?" Zoro asked.

"That's what I'd like to hope." Law replied.

"Oh my, I hope you guys are not leaving me alone to commandeer this lonesome boat?" Shinobu asked in her cool demeanour.

"I never said that. You will be coming with us until we can declare a safe passage. We cannot let you die at the hands of Kaido or Moria, so consider this as compensation and our objective for dragging you into the pirate business." Law explained.

Zoro agreed with Law.

"Thank you." Shinobu appreciated, "I need to improve my skills and learn about the world beyond my home. Looking at both you reminded me of my days. The days when my sister was used to be a Hashira at the Demon Slayer Corps. I want to be magnificent like her."

"You held your grounds back in that fight." Zoro reminded, "You are doing good." Zoro said.

"I assume, you are interested in clashing blades with the Demon Moon or Master Kuwajima?"

"No." Zoro shook his head, "My target is Moria and his ship."

"I wouldn't get too excited about destroying their ship." Law said, "But on the contrary, I wouldn't hold back if we make it on board. Moria has proved more cunning than I had anticipated. We cannot let him have the upper hand the next time."