CHAPTER 25 - Battle of Takeshi's Castle: Part 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you hear that?" Uzui asked.

"What?" Tomioka asked absentminded, having been preoccupied with their situation ahead. He was worried over Zoro and Kanao Tsuyuri, who had embarked on a dangerous quest to the Shi-niju monument, named Takeshi's Castle.

Tomioka had good reasons to be tensed. In pursuit of the Upper Demon Moon Karaku through the dead night, the team of Tomioka, Uzui and Master Kuwajima brought themselves closer to the impending Takeshi's Castle. There was no doubt that there was trouble brewing up around the said monument, especially since Karaku's fading Demon Energy could've been sensed moving towards it.

"That again." Uzui mentioned, bringing up his initial observation.

"What do you hear?" Tomioka asked, him being impatient to the fact that they might have to face an unimaginable terror ahead.

"Big footsteps from afar. Unlikely of a common person." Uzui mentioned.

Tomioka showed interest. But that didn't mean he was willing to change course after the unknown. Uzui himself was fixed to reach the castle. But he could not ignore anomalies if he should sense one.

"To the east. Doesn't seem to emit any Demonic Energy." Uzui concentrated.

"Is it moving?"

"It seems that way. To the north."

Both Tomioka and Uzui glanced at each other. They were suspicious and thought the Takeshi's Castle had to do something again. North meant a location of interest for both the mysterious entity, as well as, for the Demon Slayers. A common heading for all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Demon Bear!" Zoro pounced with his Shusui and Kitetsu bellowing sparks against Kibutsuji's defending tentacles.

"Three Swords..."

Kibutsuji planned to counterattack. His tentacles curved, aiming for Zoro's position. Without ado, the protrusions zipped out from their coils, heading straight for a single target.

"Bull Demon..." Zoro slipped through the cluster of tentacles before the latter could've pierced through him. Zoro's leap was strong, leading him straight ahead to his undefended opponent.

Kibutsuji observed in surprise. He tried to block with his arms.

"Courageous Talons!*" Zoro bellowed.

The impact shook the area. Kanae, Kanao, and Shinobu were busy engaging Zokuhaten, the Upper Demon Moon, the one created from the clones Karaku and Urogi. All their attention was drawn to the adjacent fight.

"Master." Zokuhaten observed coolly.

Unlike his previous clones, Zokuhaten had a group of drums attached to his back. He looked at Zoro after his attack and beating one of drums. Swift gusts of slashing winds rushed towards the Pirate Hunter. Zoro sensed the incoming malice, dodging the wind blades with ease.

"Dance of the Dragonfly... Compound Eye Hexagon!" Shinobu wasted no time. She stabbed through the Demon Moon the moment the latter turned his attention away. Shinobu's stabs consisted of paralysis poison, restricting the Demon's mobility.

"Now!" Kanae bellowed.

Kanae and Kanao followed the Insect Pillar into a dual, yet unified Crimson Hanagoromo. Zohakuten had seen better days, but never had he expected to be sliced again in his advanced clone form, let alone by three female Demon Slayers.