Part 2/ Chapter 3: Nailed to the bed

*

You were still feeling a little woozy when you opened your eyes again. For a moment, because of the unfamiliar ceiling above you, you wondered if you were home again, that your stay in hell was really just a terrible nightmare and that everything would go back to the way it was before. However, this hope was short-lived when you smelled the familiar scent of game.

Very slowly you turned your head to the right to see Alastor sitting on a chair. The deer had an elbow resting on the bedside table and its head was resting on its hand. You blinked with confusion when you first saw that he was not smiling.

Even in your somewhat disoriented state, you knew you were witnessing something extremely rare, not only was Alastor not smiling, he was sleeping.

You remained silent and then your eyes turned away from your colleague to look at the alarm clock right next to him.

06:03 AM.

Your eyebrows furrowed with confusion, how long had you been sleeping? And how was Nik? And Boris? And Moxxie? And ..... everyone...

You tried to sit up at once but it was a mistake, a scream escaped from your throat. Waking the deer on the spot. Almost immediately Alastor straightened you up and adjusted the cushion right behind you so you would be more comfortable.

"Good morning darling! " He said, returning to his signature smile.

You looked at him out of the corner of your eye, trying to ignore the pain that was still gnawing at your limbs.

"M- Morning Al..." you replied in a slightly husky voice.

Suddenly you both realized something at the same time.

You were dressed very lightly.

You felt your cheeks flush with embarrassment, all that hid the view of your body was a simple white nightgown. Very slowly, you crossed your arms, looking away and being extremely careful with your hands.

The deer had done the same, its eyes admiring with a tight smile the fireplace that was opposite you. It was easy to see that he was not very comfortable either because of his ears that were now a little lower.

There was silence again. Your eyes analyzed the room with some curiosity, noticing the fireplace, some very good quality wooden furniture, and a bookcase. The wallpaper was of a rather light color and the carpets of a slightly darker color making a rather pleasant contrast. You also saw some very nice flowers its the nightstand to your left.

"H-...How long has it been? " You asked hesitantly

"ho ho ho, Darling, let me tell you that the role of sleeping beauty suits you to a tee, you've been sleeping for almost 4 weeks. "Alastor answered with good humor, looking at you again, ears pricked with pride. Of course you knew that he was still not very comfortable.

You looked at one of your bandaged hands with concern.

"Four weeks?"

"That's right" declared Alastor "No wonder if you ask me, I don't think absorbing the power of exorcists is the best thing for a demon, let alone going out in a hurry in the middle of an extermination. "

You frowned as your ears heard the arrogant remonstrance of the deer right next to you.

"My friends were about to get killed Alastor." You growled. "And I'll point out that you too are not an example, I remind you that you also went out in the middle of an extermination." You replied aggressively. However, you knew that in a way he was right and that you were behaving unfairly. You really should have thought about it before you went looking for your friends...you could very well have been killed.