Chapter 23 "Rose" your interest

*

You followed Boris to another room, he had signed the bartender to join him, the bartender nodded his head and followed you coldly, but he still had that little spark of anxiety in his eyes when he looked at you.

The room where Boris had brought you was isolated, you couldn't hear any more of the noisy conversations in the bar, it was really very quiet. It was small enough without being too oppressive. There was also an emergency exit hidden behind a pile of wooden crates.

There was a small rectangular table in the middle with 8 chairs around it.

Boris walked over to the chair of the master of the table and invited you to sit down, you obeyed with the same neutral face as the barman randomly picked a chair.

*

"Okay, little boss, this is Orso. He was my first friend in hell. He speaks English, but..."

"Not... very... um... good?" mumbled the bear with a Russian accent that horribly distorted the English words.

"I see. Приятно познакомиться Орсо. (pleasure to meet you, Orso) "

The bear nodded coldly. Boris laughed at his reaction and added.

"He's not very talkative however he's a good guy, I've already explained everything to him, he agrees to help you defend this territory if you let him have this bar. "

You frowned rather suspiciously, then you turned to the bear and asked him:

"Зачем тебе так нужен этот бар?" (Why do you want this bar so badly?)

"No stable home... money needed," Replied the bear in a slightly grumpy tone. "Trade... bad business... мошенничество (scam)"

*

You watched him for a while to see if he was telling you the truth. His face was slightly red, his shoulders tucked in, his fists and jaw was tight. He was really angry, you could tell.

"I see..." you replied. "Ну, я согласна отдать тебе этот бар, в обмен ты должен информировать меня обо всём, что происходит на моей территории. Я хочу знать всё: кто приходит, кто уходит, и почему." (All right, I agree to let you have this bar, in exchange you have to inform me of all the different things that are going on in my territory, I want to know everything, who's moving in, who's moving out and why.)

The bear looked at you for a moment to analyze your words, tapping at the same time the table in a steady rhythm, then, nodded his head.

"I accept," he said.

"Perfect," you answered with a big smile. The bear returned it to you very quickly and then got up to go back to the bar.

Boris took a chair and said, stretching.

"The others should be here soon."

"How many are there?"

"There are 3 of them, which makes a total of 4 with Orso, I'm really sorry that I couldn't find 5 people like you asked me but many of them didn't seem trustworthy enough." Boris replied.

"It's already a very good number."

Boris breathed a small sigh of relief and continued.

"They all know how to fight very well, but the best in fighting is Orso, he's not an Overlord but he knows a lot, he's an excellent spy because of his common status in hellish society, nobody suspects him more than another demon, and he's an excellent fighter, he wields many kinds of weapons brilliantly, but he prefers to use his fists. "