Chapter 9: Old friends

*

You walked the streets of the pentagram, growling in anger, dropping insults here and there against the radio demon. You ignored the demons that could hear you. Most of them didn't paid attention to your words, and were content to quickly change sidewalks. Your growls and the clattering of your heels against the ground were enough reason not to provoke you.

You hadn't noticed it in your state of rage, but sometimes, when you walked next to a streetlight, it would turn on and off and some light bulbs would explode.

*

You walked to the exit of the city, and headed towards the forest.

At least there you were going to be in a quiet place for a while. Once you entered, you walked for a few minutes to make sure you were out of sight.

You took a deep breath and without waiting a second you demolished the tree closest to you. Of course, it took several blows for it to fall, you were powerful but not yet to that point.

When the tree was uprooted because of the power of your blows, you calmed down slightly.

You sat on the trunk and buried your face in your hands.

*

«...»

*

You looked up to the red sky, as if you were expecting a miraculous answer to the problems the hotel was going through. Of course, what god would be stupid enough to help someone like you?

You growled with frustration.

You knew you were doomed, if you left the hotel, that deer would killed you, if you stayed, He would try to get rid of you at some point, you knew it very well nevertheless that wasn't really what you were most concerned about.

*

You licked your lips when you thought about it. Was that really his only reason? Entertainment? His reaction proved to you that he was doing it partly for that, but yet part of you wanted it not to be the only reason and you didn't know why.

It was as if you hoped he wasn't like that... Why was his behavior was so irritating and disappointing to you? He wasn't worth it for you to get into such frame of mind, no, He didn't deserve it!

What was wrong with you?

*

No matter how angry you were with your feelings, you couldn't help it.

*

You had met people who liked to break dreams and laugh at the misfortune of others for their own pleasure, your boss was a perfect example, yet you had never been about to explode for him or for anyone else in your life...

With Alastor... it was just the opposite. No matter how much you tried to control yourself, you couldn't hide from him all the aversion you felt for him and all the contempt you kept inside you.

You didn't understand and it put you in a mad rage.

Your boss had made you endure the worst atrocities, yet you could always hide behind a mask all the hatred and anger you felt for him.

Why was everything so different with that deer? Why? Why? What else did he have?

*

Why couldn't you have control over yourself?

*

You clenched your fists in frustration, except this time your nails pierced your skin. You ignored the pain and kept looking at the sky. You wondered if God took the time to look at what was happening in Hell, could he even hear you? If he could hear all the cries of pain and rage of your broken soul...