Chapter 25 A dance on the rooftops

*

The next day, you arrived a little later at the hotel, prepared some small decorations that you could offer Charlie, and then stopped at a shop to buy something for a certain person. You also picked up some posters for Charlie's hotel. You weren't really an advertising specialist, but you had some ideas that might help the princess put her project forward.

Once you arrived at the door you looked at your watch and saw that it was 9:10 am. Well, you were a little late for your taste. You would have preferred to arrive at 8:00 a.m... but maybe it was better that way... After all, even though you had laughed at the radio demon's bouquet of "charred flowers", you had spent a badnight. The demons of your past weren't going to let you rest.

You needed to take a little time to regain your composure so that you wouldn't lose control again.

*

You took a deep breath and entered the hotel with a friendly "Hello everyone".

As soon as you closed the door Charlie rushed towards you with Vaggie and Nikolai who thrown himself into your arms to welcome you. You kissed his forehead but as soon as the little Beagle let you go, Charlie immediatly hugged you.

You stiffened in surprise and your eyes widened in surprise. You glanced confusedly at Vaggie, who was looking at her feet with a downcast look on her face.

"Am I missing something? "You asked anxiously.

Charlie stepped back to look at you and you noticed that she seemed to be holding back from crying.

"Oh Y/N... you're... you're not leaving? »

Your eyebrows raised in total shock.

"What- Why would I leave, Charlie?" you asked with a chuckle.

"Well... with what happened with Alastor, we figured you didn't want to work here." You replied Vaggie, gently grabbing Charlie's hand to comfort her.

Your expression slowly softened, then with a smile you answered.

"It takes more than that to scare me away. " You laughed. "And you're not responsible of that. It wouldn't be fair to leave you now, I said I'd help you and I'll keep my word."

As soon as your words were spoken, Charlie's smile widened as tears streamed from his eyes. She hugged you again and smothered several small "thank you" through her sobs. Vaggie seemed relieved.

You'd be lying if you said you weren't a little embarrassed by the affection the two girls had for you... in fact, it touched you. A smile appeared on your face as you patted the Princess' shoulder to reassure her.

"I told you so," Nikolai said cheerfully with a big smile.

The blonde laughed and dried her tears. Then suddenly she noticed that one of your hands was caught by a bag.

"What's that?" she asked curiously.

"Well, I had a chance to think about the hotel a little bit yesterday, and I found some activities that demons could do to keep themselves busy while staying at the hotel. »

You invited them to follow you into the living room and took out of your bag the flowers you had sewn early this morning. Charlie's eyes widened at the sight of a white rosebud you'd made.

"It's beautiful," she said.

"I also thought we could use it as a decoration for the hotel."

Charlie nodded and then you added.

"And I wanted to know if the hotel had a garden. »

"Um... yeah, well, it's not really maintained. Why?" Charlie replied.