Chapter 39: You are just like them.

*

You felt bad when you were facing the door which were leading to Angel's room.

You had gotten back to the hotel pretty quickly and had asked Charlie to keep your outfit so you could change at the last minute after making final preparations on the opening night of the hotel. You didn't saw Alastor because he was doing his radio show with Fos to promote the hotel to the sinners from hell. You weren't really worried about that, you knew that the deer was too keen on the entertainment provided by the hotel to betray Charlie for now.

No, what made you most uncomfortable was the stifling anxiety you felt when you looked at the door of Angel's room. You had a vague idea of what was happening to Angel, and you couldn't help but feel a little guilty. You hadn't told him about your agreement with his boss and on top of that you had also humiliated him on the day of the interview in the same way that you had humiliated Vox and Velvet.

You should have been more attentive to his reactions, it was part of your job to look after the well-being of the guests of this hotel.

You took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

«... »

No answer, you tried again, calling his name this time.

"Angel?" You called

You heard a little growl that sounded like a "you're fucking pissing me off go away", yet, you didn't give up.

"Angel, is everything okay? Can I talk to you? " You asked.

You heard a few growls on the other side of the door, like he was in pain. It wasn't reassuring at all, his voice was strange too, it wasn't his unusual voice, it sounded a little more hoarse, and more tired . Suddenly you heard a big 'BOOM' and a small cry of pain that immediately alarmed you.

*

You hurriedly opened the door to be greeted by a foul smell that almost instantly made you feel sick. You immediately slammed a hand over your mouth and covered your nose to prevent you from vomiting.

You turned your head towards the hallway to catch your breath while preventing you from emptying your stomach onto the floor. The smell was similar to the one in Valentino's studio, but it was much stronger, as if Angel had never ventilated his room.

You took a last breath of air before looking at the room with more anxiety. A strange reddish mist was floating in the room, but what was most terrifying was that everything was closed, not a single window was open. Angel was completely in the dark.

You tried to breathe mainly through your mouth and opened the door wide so that the smoke could escape from the room a little. You ran to a window and opened it to ventilate the room as quickly as possible, the air was really unbreathable, even with your mouth.

Once that was done, you looked around trying to ignore the stench, suddenly something was crushed under your shoe while you were searching for Angel. You lifted your foot up and noticed that you had stepped on some kind of bottle that contained some kind of white powder. Your eyes widened in the shock and you scanned the pink room to finally find the silhouette of the spider lying on the floor. He was surrounded by carelessly discarded clothes on the floor, a few questionable toys and cigarette butts of what appeared to be some kind of cigarette, even though you knew in your heart that it was everything but a cigarette.

Your breath got stuck in your throat as your eyes widened at the pathetic sight of Angel's small body. Without thinking, you rushed towards him with anxiety and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Oh gosh, Angel, are you okay? What happened?"You asked, containing a little panic in your voice.

The spider demon slowly turned to you and gave you a look that froze your blood straight away. It sounded like he was going to pounce on you and strangle you. Angel made a growl filled with hatred and anger and pushed you violently away from him.