Chapter 38: "It's about an important event we're talking about, Dear!"

*

Let's be honest, if you could have run away or teleported, you would have done so without hesitation.

You walked silently behind Rosie who had always kept her huge smile sharpened on her face. In spite of her heels, this woman was as quiet as a little mouse, you looked really pathetic with your shuffling gait.

"Come on dear, chop-chop!" Rosie chirped, "You'll see, you'll be resplendent at this party, I'm sure of it!"

"Rosie, I have some decent dresses in my closet, I don't need some fancy dress. Really, you don't need to waste your time with me" You tried to defend yourself.

The woman snapped her long thin neck towards you and addressed you with an almost dangerous smile.

"Don't be silly my dear, we are talking about a party organized by the princess herself, moreover, you're the reason why some sinners are interested into it now. So you need a very specific outfit."

She stopped abruptly and walked towards you with a strange look on her face.

"Oh my goodness, stand a little straighter! " She said sternly, using her umbrella to raise your chin a little. "There, now put your shoulders back a little more and walk with first the tip of your foot and then your heel, you do not carry the weight of the world and hell on your shoulders dear."

Seriously, your tongue was burning, you really wanted to tell her to fuck off but it would have been a very bad idea because of your recent fight with Vox... and you knew Rosie was well aware of it.

The woman analyzed if your posture was correct and then, displayed a more jovial and friendly smile.

"Perfect, now let me see your gait, come on!"

You bit your tongue as your patience ran out. Now this excuse of a "Lady" was teaching you how to walk! What a joke.

You took a deep breath and started walking like her, the tiptoe first, then the heel.

"It's very good, but be less stiff," Rosie advised.

You stiffened yourself even more. A horrible tight smile appeared on your lips and then you took a moment to calm down, and walked again.

"That's better," the demonic woman congratulated. "Keep walking this way, you'll get used to it faster."

You were about to lose your temper...

Rosie swirled her umbrella and continued to lead the way to her emporium.

Rosie's land was really beautiful and very chic, the streets were paved, the streetlights looked as if they were gas-powered as in the 19th century, and there were a few trees with dark leaves here and there. There was almost no garbage, everything was clean. Finally the houses and buildings had a very British architecture, many reminded you of the Liberty store in Regent Street in the city of London. The landscape would almost have made you forget Rosie if she hadn't grabbed your shoulder to stop you.

*

"We're arrived." she says cheerfully, pointing to the building.

Like the others, it had very chic architecture, decorated with several pillars made of marble, however, the windows and door were a bloody red rather unattractive. Moreover the structure was quite imposing and seemed to have one floor because of the presence of a balcony just above a prominent sign:

"Franklin and Rosie's Emporium "

Your eyebrows frowned in confusion, then you turned to Rosie.