Chapter 34 The Interview

A/N: Hi everyone, quick note at the beginning of the chapter because I wanted to warn you that this chapter is EXTREMELY long (originally it was more than 20 pages long and I had to delete some things). This chapter, besides being heavy and important, really pushes you to think about different subjects, believe me, take breaks while reading it.

I reassure you there will certainly not be another chapter of this kind, but this one was necessary.

Have a good read

*

"You know, whatever the end result, you better be prepared for all that electrical voltage built up during this interview to explode at some point."

Those were Alastor's words when he teleported you to the TV studio on the day of the interview.

You readjusted your hair and your clothes and you walked in confidently. Well, let's be honest, in reality, anxiety that was eating away at you on the inside was stronger than your self-confidence. It was at this moment you realized that Alastor's presence could really be comforting at times...

A lot of demons looked at you in surprise, as if you shouldn't be here so soon. Yet the interview was about to begin. Strange, was Vox planning something to make you late?

*

The first person you saw was Katie Killjoy who walked up to you. Of course you immediately recognized her with her extremely slim figure and her extremely tight red dress. The journalist's red eyes had analyzed you suspiciously, you could see that unlike Charlie, you were a little more taken seriously.

As you expected, this sour woman was really a hypocrite, she complained about Charlie and her "dyke", pretending to be a poor victim, it was really unbearable to hear. That woman... she looked so much like... that slut who had abandoned you... You were about to tell her to shut up when a horrible noise rang in your eardrums, and you immediately recognized Vox.

"Ah, I'm really glad you're here, doll," greeted the television demon, you wanted to answer him, but you stopped when the man "put a kiss" on the top of your hand.

At that moment, you were struggling to keep a perfectly neutral face despite all the horrible shivers of disgust that ran down your arm and back.

"Thank you again for inviting me Vox. " You simply replied politely.

"It's a pleasure, doll. Um, now that I think about it, do you want a glass of water for the interview? After all, it's hard to talk for an hour, isn't it, Katie? "Vox asked.

The journalist nodded her head with a smile that didn't bode well for you. You squinted with suspicion and then placed a grateful smile on your face.

"That's really nice of you Vox, but that won't be necessary. I've already arranged for a small bottle of water just in case." You responded with a little innocent tone.

Vox's screen seemed to sizzle and his smile tightened slightly. Well, it looks like you did well to follow your first instinct... NEVER trust a guy like Vox, even on the most trivial things.

"Oh, I see, all right then. "He glanced at a digital clock and noticed that the interview was imminent. We should get going. If you ladies will follow me..."

You nodded your head and obediently followed the television man. Strangely, during your way you had noticed several TV sets that were being prepared for various shows, all of them looked simple, a bit like the one in which the Princess was interviewed ... well ... "humiliated" would be a more correct word.

"I wanted to do this interview on a special set, I hope you don't mind it ,dollface. " Vox said as he led you to a big door.

The door looked simple, but it was much bigger than Vox himself. He snapped his fingers and it opened automatically.