Chapter 2: How hell works ?

*

Once inside you quickly put your things on the table and you sat on a chair. You had studied the house and you had seen that this demon had very few material goods. He had an old sofa, a bookcase, a small kitchen, a table and old wooden chairs. The walls were moldy and the floor was dirty, giving a sordid atmosphere to the room.

*

"Do you live alone?" you asked.

"No, there's someone else living with me," he said dryly, letting you know he didn't want to talk to you.

"I see," you answered.

*

The demon shrugged and watched you disinfect your wounds.

*

"How did you get hurt?"

"There was an" extermination," you explain to him.

"An extermination?!" he shouted. The bird rushed at you and asked you, panicked, "Where was that?!"

"Near a park."

*

All calmness in your host's eyes slowly disappeared.

*

"Have you seen a very skinny, red-eyed woman with the features of a bat?"

"Um, not that I remember. I was too busy destroying the angels who attacked me," you say without emotion.

"Shit, shit, shit..." repeated the demon.

*

You looked at him, at first you were confused, then you realized.

*

"That's your wife?"

"No it's my sister."

"Oh I see," you answered while sewing up your wound.

*

Suddenly you heard the door open to see a demon who matched with the description that demon given to you.

*

"Oh my god, Samantha."

"Vincent! Oh, how are you?"

"Damn, do not ever make me afraid again!" he said, hugging her.

*

You ignored their reunion, that didn't concern you. Healing your leg was more important.

*

"Oh, it's you," Samantha shouted.

"Mmmh?" You watched her without much emotion whereas she gave you a huge smile.

"Thank you for everything. If you had not arrived they would have decimated us all."

"I did not do that for you, I killed them only to defend myself, nothing more."

"I don't care! You saved us and oh, you're hurt."

"It's nothing," you say with a little bad mood.

"No no, please let me see, I was a nurse when I was alive."

*

You frowned in confusion.

*

"What is a nurse doing here in hell?"

"... Um well I... I killed patients in the hospital every time I saw them suffer, it was an insatiable need, you see? As for my brother, he was a dealer in order to earn money and I never did anything to stop him."