Chapter 15

"What are you doing here?" I sigh, sitting down on my bed in defeat. I've known this boy 4 days, and he's already breaking into my house.

"Thought I'd drop by." He shrugs. He strides over to the broken photo frame on the floor, and picks it up, carefully, so no glass falls onto my floor.

"I'll sort it out later." I sigh, again, I should probably go and sort out the broken vase downstairs as well.

"Why did you chuck it?" He asks, I haven't told Luke why I've moved here, and I don't want him to get uninterested because I have loads of problems.

"I just got angry." I lie. I can be quite a smooth liar, but this time my voice sounds monotone and by the way one of his eyebrows quirks up, I can tell.

"I'm going to take you out." He says simply, walking back over towards the balcony door.

"Whatever, I need to get changed then, I slept in this." I gesture to my outfit.

"I know." Is all he says, before standing and waiting on the balcony. I try to ignore his comment and preoccupy myself on choosing my outfit, not that there's much choice. I pick out a green day t-shirt, with skinny jeans, I put on a beanie to cover my untameable and black converse as they're the first shoes I see.

"Nice shirt." He smiles, before basically jumping off of the balcony.

"Jesus Christ!" I exclaim, then when I look over the edge, I see he has jumped onto the garage roof, which is only a short drop. I don't hesitate before following, I'm not scared of heights, there's more realistic things to be scared of in our lifetimes.

"I wanted to catch you." He pouts, and I roll my eyes slightly at him, laughing at his attitude. The bright sun beating down on me has made my hangover get worse, but I don't say anything.

I look back on my house as we walk away. I hope Michael and Calum left and weren't expecting me to come back downstairs.

"Where are we going?" I call to Luke, walking slightly behind him, I think he expects me to speed up so I'm walking at the same speed he is, but that just isn't me.

"It's a surprise." He answers, turning his head so I can see the profile of his face. It even looks fucking good from the side, why are there no boys that look like this in England.

"I hate surprises." I grumble, taking out a cigarette and lighting it. Luke slows down slowly so we're walking side by side.

"I know." He laughs, we take an slightly familiar route towards what I think is towards the beach.

I remove the cigarette from my mouth, and breathe out the smoke, turning my head slightly towards towards the sky, watching the smoke turn invisible.

"You don't know how hot that looked." Luke says, and I turn to him, giving him a questioning look.

"Mm, disease and toxins." I laugh, taking another drag from the cigarette.

"You do smoke a lot though, and that's me saying this." He comments, I remember a quote from this John Green book I read a while ago.

"You smoke to enjoy it, and I smoke to die."

***
Wow short chapter sorry, the quote is from Looking for Alaska btw, anyway I just wanna take a moment to actually thank you all for reading, when I'm reading I usually don't read these little notes on the stories so I don't usually write them but if I don't then I sound inconsiderate kms, anyway yeah thanks x