Chapter 47

"Why did you even come in the ladies toilets? You could have waited outside?" I ask Luke as we walk to his car.

"I knew something was up, and didn't want to just leave you feeling sad." He shrugs. I just nod and wait for him to unlock the door, impatiently pulling at the handle like a fussy child. When he does unlock he door, I open it and hop in.

"Did you pay?" I ask, realising I didn't see him pay when we left.

"Yeah, that's the restaurant my dad owns." He says, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. I think this action is adorable so I lean forward and kiss his cheek.

"Let's go get pizza yeah?" I suggest, and he nods, gently pulling out of the restaurant.

After 5 minutes of complete silence, him driving and me not knowing what to say, he speaks up.

"I wanted everything to be perfect, but I fucked up." He sighs.

"No!" I interrupt immediately. "It just wasn't us, I prefer just chilling for hours and watching netlix, or just something chill, and I know you do too." I add.

"I guess, I just feel stupid." He sighs.

He turns to me. I turn to him as well.

"Don't." I tell him. I turn back to look out of the windshield but can feel him looking at me still.

I get a huge sense of déjà vu as a car pulls out of the lay by on my side.

"Luke!" I exclaim, trying to get him to swerve to avoid the car, but I don't do it in time and I feel a jolt as the other car collides with this one.

Luke's p.o.v
"Fuck." I groan, shaking my head slightly to try and rid myself of the headache I have. I successfully move my arms, but can't move my left leg. I turn my head slightly, ignoring the dull pain, to catch a glimpse of Faith. Her head is tossed to the side and she is slumped forward slightly.

"Faith?" I splutter, trying to get her to answer me. This is all my fault. As that thought crosses my mind, my door is opened.

"You okay, son?" An fireman asks, beside him is a paramedic.

"I'm okay. Faith. Her, help her." I tell them.

"The other door is completely smashed." He informs me. I look back towards faith and take in the blood covering her hands. My eyes start swimming in tears as I clench and unclench my hands in anger at myself.

In next hour or so a group of firemen systematically lift Faith and I out of the car, carefully in case either of us have broken our backs, even though I'm pretty sure I haven't.

"Luke!" Someone calls while I'm placed on a stretcher. I turn to where the sound is coming from. It's my mum.

"Hi mum." I say weakly.

"What happened?" She demands. The paramedic has immediately started wheeling me to the ambulance. I ignore her question and peer around looking for Faith.

"Luke!" She exclaims, I look back at her.

"Where's Faith?" I ask, panic flooding every nerve.

"She's already on her way to the hospital." The paramedic tells me, I calm down slightly.

"Mrs Hemmings, do you have any contact numbers for...Faith?" She asks my mum.

"Yes, she's staying with her auntie who is away, but I can contact her." She reassures.

"Luke? We're going to have to give you some local anaesthetic so we can have a look at your wounds. You're quite weak so it might put you out." She tells me once I've been lifted into the ambulance. She turns back around and is holding a needle.

"Mrs Hemmings are you coming in the ambulance?" She asks mum before injecting me.

"Oh, yes." Mum says, jumping in and instantly clutching my hand.

"Can you talk to him please?" The paramedic asks.

"Lukey? Your father is going to the hospital straight away, you know how much he hates them, but we both want to see you get better okay? I've called Jack as well, he's on his way. Remember the last time you were in an Ambulance? Jack pushed you off the roof didn't he? I grounded him for a year after that...." She rambles.

I can only think of how alone Faith must be right now. Is she awake? Is she alive? She didn't open her eyes earlier. She can't be dead, she can't be. As these questions whir around my head I fall into a deep sleep which doesn't seem natural at all.

***
Shitty ending but yeah😁 I've been planning this since the beginning of this story and holy shit this story is almost finished!! 😂

-Rebecca x