Chapter 48

*still Luke's p.o.v*

It's been 3 days since the accident. All I had was a broken leg and some scratches, I got off lightly. Faith, on the other hand, she had internal bleeding and had to be put into a medically induced coma to save herself and so that the doctors could operate.

"Luke, you can't just stay here all day, you haven't gone to school, you haven't even left the hospital." Ashton sighs, handing me some McDonalds, I take it, but don't eat it.

"Thanks, but I'm okay." I tell him, massaging my temples. I feel like shit.

"Faith's gonna be okay." Ashton reassures me, putting his arm around my shoulder.

"It's my fault." I whisper. Ashton looks at me in alarm.

"Don't even say that, it was the other drivers fault, and he got off worse from it, he's critical." Ashton informs me. I don't doubt what he's told me but I hate the way he says it, like the other driver deserves everything that happens to him. No one deserves to be put close to death. Images of what I've done flash through my mind, and I realise how much of a hypocrite I'm being. But I've changed, Faith has changed me.

"Ashton do you have your phone?" I ask, he nods and hands it to me. I scan through his contacts and see he has Michael, Calum and Imogen's numbers, the exact people I need. I text them all saying 'come to the hospital -L'. All of them read it quickly, but as expected, none of them reply.

"What are you doing?" Ashton asks, reading over the message I sent.

"Sorting everything out." I answer simply. Ashton sighs slightly but doesn't say anything else.

~~~

Michael and Calum turned up first, together. They were here an hour after the accident and yesterday as well, but I didn't speak to them. Imogen turned up five minutes afterwards, she knew of the accident, as it has been publicised in newspapers and the radio, but this is the first time she's been here. I remember her telling me she hates hospitals.

"Is Faith okay?" Imogen asks me, her concerned voice confuses me, how does she even know Faith.

"Yes. Why do you care?" I ask, then mentally scold myself as I sound really bitchy.

"I like her." Imogen says simply. Has Imogen even spoke to Faith?

"What?" I ask. Ashton, Calum and Michael also look confused.

"On the night of her party I talked to her, in her room." She says simply.

"What did you speak about?" I frown.

"She didn't like me and I just wanted to explain my side of the story. I actually told her the truth though." She looks pointedly at me. I look away ashamed.

"Okay, what are we all doing here?" Michael asks, gesturing to the circle.

"I'm trying to sort everything out, I hate having to pretend that we weren't all best friends before." I say quickly.

"And how are we going to do that?" Calum asks. Imogen looks at him and he looks away, blushing slightly.

"Calum, I'm sorry I tried to sleep with Imogen, I-I just was so angry, and Imogen, I'm sorry I hurt you. I didn't want to hurt you. I don't know, and Michael and Ashton, I'm sorry I had to make you choose between who to be friends with." I say, looking at each person when I'm apologising to them.

"An apology doesn't mean shit, it's just words." Calum says, shaking his head at me slightly.

"I'm also giving you the choose whether you can completely ignore me or we can all be friends again." I say, feeling tears in my eyes.

"What are you doing back here?" Calum asks Imogen. She shifts uncomfortably at this question.

"Ash told me to come back." She says, smiling slightly at Ashton, he smiles back. I know there's nothing going on between them two, as they're been best friends, but I still see chemistry.

"Once us 3 has became friends again." Ashton gestures between him, Calum and Michael. "I thought we could all be friends again, and things could go back to normal?" Ashton says quietly, I nod immediately in agreement. Michael nods as well, Imogen is expressionless, but she usually is, but Calum looks hesitant.

"I don't know Luke, I don't know whether I can trust you." Calum says slowly. I nod in understanding, if it were me in that situation I wouldn't be able to forgive and forget easily.

"You don't have to make a decision right now. Think about it, these things take time." I say, and mentally pat myself on the back when Calum looks thankful. He opens his mouth to say something but gets interrupted.

"Luke!" Someone exclaims. I turn quickly and see Bess standing at the doorway to what I know is Faiths room. Her hair is in every direction and her face is bare of any makeup. She looks much older but somehow more normal and approachable.

"What's happened?" I ask immediately, thinking the worst. She grins at me but I still feel worried.

"She's waking up!" She says happily, and I practically sprint to the doorway. I'm finally going to see her.