Chapter 35

"Hello Faith." My mums friend, Cathy, greets me when I get through the airport. She was really close to my mother and she looks as though she's taken her death very badly.

"Hi." I say forlornly to her. She offers to take my bag but I decline. Everything is so nostalgic being here in England, was it always so cold? I follow Cathy out of the airport and get into her sliver Ford. The drive back to her house is silent; there's nothing to talk about really.

"I hope you know you can talk to me about anything, Faith." Cathy tells me when we arrive at her semi detached suburban house, I nod but remain silent. I know my way through Cathy's house since I've been here so much so I already know my way to the spare bedroom, I chuck my bag onto the single bed and get out my phone from my pocket.

From: Faith
I've just got to my mums friends. x

He answers almost immediately.

From: Luke
What time is it for you? X

From:Faith
5:40 pm, why? X

From: Luke
Time zones😁

I realise that Luke was probably asleep when I texted him, and decide not to reply so I don't keep him from sleep any longer. I don't want to be clingy but I don't want to seem distant at the same time, god relationships are hard. At this thought my phone buzzes, I look to see if it's Luke but it's Michael.

From: Michael
Are you still on the plane?

From: Faith
Ew, who are you?

From: Michael
Sassy

From: Faith
Ikr and yeah I am (:

From: Michael
Why tf did you do an upside down smiley

From: Faith
Who even are you tho

From: Michael
I'm Michael wbu

From: Faith
I bet I'm saved in your contacts with a crown emoji bc I'm the queen

From: Michael
Actually it's a poop emoji👀

I smile at the ease of conversation with Michael, I'm not comparing it to my conversation with Luke. Michael stays up late and then sleeps half way through the day while Luke sleeps semi-normal hours. Feeling jet lagged, I decide to try and sleep for a bit, even though it will mess up my sleep cycle even more than it already is.

***
This is a really small chapter because I wanted the funeral to take a whole chapter tbh
-Rebecca x