Chapter 50

*6-7 years later*

"Hi Mum, hi dad. I'm sorry I haven't visited any sooner. The last few years have been a rollercoaster. To be honest ever since you guys died my life has been a rollercoaster, but everything is finally slowing down and I'm finally enjoying life. I guess I should explain.

After we finished school me and Luke moved back here, to London. We knew it was a huge step, but I didn't want to be living off of Aunt Bess when I could be living for myself. I've almost finished getting my degree in art, turns out I'm pretty good at it. I think I got that from you, mum. I'm really happy I've got Luke, he helped me and saved me. I know it sounds stupid, but he did. I was heading down a dark path, and somehow he helped me, same as I helped him. I don't care what he did in his past, because that was before I had even met him, I only know the him he is now. He's my present, as I am his, and hopefully he is my future too.

But I did tell him that Calum and Michael did make me talk to him, and try to get with him as a dare. He was really upset then, and couldn't trust me for a while. Michael talked to him though, and told him of the conversation we had when I said I couldn't carry on, and Luke was finally okay about it.

Calum and Imogen got back together, Calum's planning on proposing and she's nervous about it. I'm not sure who the girl was that Calum asked for advice for, but he dropped her pretty quickly when Imogen turned up. I don't know whether that means that true love triumphs or that you can never forget your first love, but something has obviously worked for him to want to marry her. I'm all for marriage but I think they should wait. It's their choice though. I don't think Michael has left his house in a few weeks. He's probably playing video games though. Whatever makes him happy I guess. Ashton's traveling the world, and documenting the moment. I've seen the pictures he's taken and he really looks like he's enjoying himself. Which honestly makes me happy.

I'm just really happy at the moment, and for that I'm glad. You two couldn't live your lives to the fullest of your potential, so I'm going to do it for you. I love you guys, as a kid I didn't say it often, but I'm 25 now so I guess I can see things from your perspective and how much it would have hurt. I did and still do love you guys a lot though, I hope your happy wherever you are.

I remember the day I left London, my headteacher asked what I was doing with my life, and I knew that I needed to live in the moment. I told her that life is what happens when you're making other plans, and that is true, I just need to be careful with the plans I do make, because they could change the direction of my life. I'm happy with the direction my life is heading in." I kiss my hands and tap each of the gravestones, get up from my crouched position. I text Luke telling him I'm on my way home, and then leave the graveyard, smiling to myself.

***
Holy shit the stories finished wow okay

Thank you all for reading omg there were parts of the book that I thought it went shit but it pulled through :D

Love you all xxxxxxx

-Rebecca x