part 60

mentions of injury, violence and death
*three weeks later*

draco was okay now and harry had hidden the book with ginny instead of hermione. dumbledore had cancelled lessons for today but no one knew why- not even the staff. it was a nice day so i decided to go out and see buckbeak. " hey buddy " i laughed as he flapped his wings when he saw me. he jogged over and nuzzled his head onto my shoulder so i could stroke the back of his neck and ruffle his feathers. the creature pulled away and start squawking and flapping his wings dangerously as something behind me. he suddenly jolted forward in a threatening way as i spun around and saw a teary eyes theo standing there with his hands up in surrender. " woah, buckbeak! " i shouted as he ran forwards; i grasped his halter and pulled him back. " away! " i commanded and pointed him back to his part of the forest. " are you okay? " i giggled as theo's arms dropped and he physically relaxed.

" it- it could've killed me " he whispered as i boomed with laughter which caused his face to light up in a smile. " as if i would've let that happen ". " did you see the way it charged at me? " he shouted as we left the forest together. " and did you see the way i grabbed his halter so he couldn't? " i retired as he rolled his eyes and chuckled. " what were you doing out here anyway? ". " well i saw you come out so i thought i'd give you company, remind me to never do that again " he replied, nudging me. " hey! i wouldn't have even known you were there if it wasn't for buckbeak! it's your own fault for creeping up like that-". there was suddenly a loud rumble of thunder and the sky was covered with thick black clouds. " what the fuck " he whispered. " somethings happening. something bad, i know it " i mumbled. " everybody get back to your dormitories! no dordling! " professor mcgonagall called out as we walked through the courtyard. i looked up and saw two brooms flying into the astronomy tower. harry and dumbledore.

" listen to me. go straight up to your dorm and stay there. i'll come and get you when it's safe, okay? " i said as i led theo down to the dungeons with my wand out. " what? no, y/n i'm not leaving you out here-". " theodore, go inside and keep yourself safe. i do not want to see you out and you better be in here when i come to get you " i said sternly as he tried to argue back but i shook my head and took him inside the slytherin common room. 

as soon as i left, i ran straight up to the astronomy tower but was pulled back by someone lifting me up by waist from behind and carrying me into the dark. i tried to shout by no sound came out of my mouth until the person put me down and wrapped their hand in front of my mouth. " do not scream " they whispered into my ear. " do you understand? " they asked as i tried to fight them off. " y/n. do you understand? " they asked again. i nodded profusely as the stranger removed the hands. i ran forward and caught myself on the wall as i spun around. " harry! what the fuck is wrong with you? " i whispered loudly. " shut up, y/n! " he hissed angrily as he pointed towards the stairs above us. i moved back next to him and peered up at the stairs. draco. his task. i looked back to harry and he nodded before voices could be heard above us.

" good evening draco, what brings you here on this fine spring evening? ". " who else is here? i heard you talking- " his voice shook with every word. " i often talk aloud to myself, i find it extraordinarily useful. have you been whispering to yourself lately? " dumbledore asked calmly as draco had his wand raised to him. there was a few moments silence before the headmaster spoke up again. " draco, you are no assassin ". " how do you know what i am? i've done that would shock you! " draco replied, his voice loud. " what? like cursing katie bell and hoping that in return she'd bear a cursed necklace to me? by replacing a bottle of mead with one that was laced with poison? forgive me draco, but i can't help but feel that these actions were so weak that your heart can't have really been in them ". " he trusts me! i was chosen! " draco spat tearily as he pulled up his sleeve, revealing the ink black mark on his forearm. i looked at harry as his jaw dropped slightly whilst he was still watching draco's every move. " then i shall make this easy for you " dumbledore remained calm as he pulled out his wand but draco was quick to disarm him. the elder wand. it now belongs to draco. " very good " the old man mumbled. draco looked as if he was about to cry and, to be honest i couldn't blame him. 

i flinched as we heard a door open and footsteps approached. " you're not alone? ". my heartbeat quickened and my breathing was shaky. " there are others. how? ". " the vanishing cabinet in the room of requirement. i've been mending it " draco muttered. " ah yes, it has a sister? a twin ". " borgin and burkes. they form a passage ". " ingenious " dumbledore whispered. " draco. years ago, i knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. please let me help you " he pleaded as i saw a tear roll down dracos face. " i don't want your help! don't you understand? i have to do this- i have to kill you, or-or he'll kill me " he explained as dumbledore looked aside and more death eaters entered. i clasped my hand over my mouth to stop myself from making any noises and my eyes filled with tears. he's just a boy. 

" well, look what we have here " a bratty voice said. bellatrix. i immediately raised my wand to her though the gaps in the floor. dumbledore noticed and looked straight down at me and gave me a slight shake of his head before turning his attention back to the others. " good evening, bellatrix. i think introductions are in order, don't you? " the headmaster greeted. " love to albus, but i'm afraid we're on a bit of a tight schedule " she hissed back. " do it! " she snapped as she turned to draco. another death eater spoke up and compared draco to his father. my blood boiled; draco is nothing like that poor excuse of a man. i gasped when i saw snape stood with us, his wand raised at harry with a finger over his mouth. " go on draco! now! " the crazy witch shrieked as snape made his way upstairs. " no " he interrupted sternly as the blonde moved aside and i instantly understood what was happening. snape has to be the one to kill him.  " severus " dumbledore whispered. " severus... please-".