ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 22

Right after Jay had pressed the doorbell. The door opened and he was greeted by Giselle's father.

However the next thing happened was the least thing he expected to happen to his poor face.

A strong punch landed on his cheeks making him stumble backwards. It didn't hurt much though but he knows that what the father will tell him will probably hurt.

"You're a total bastard kid! What do you even take my daughter for huh?!" He said and threw another punch on his face.

There could only be one reason why this is happening.

Jay and Jake failed to tell their girlfriends about their war as they got so busy preparing. After all. They've seen what their enemies can do that weakened even the strongest member of their team.

Though they failed to prepare themselves for the consequences.

Jay did not fought back. He didn't want to hurt Giselle's father and thought that he really deserves more than a punch on the face.

"Uncle!!! Uncle stop! What are you doing!?" It was Chaeyeon yelling as she rushed to stop the man.

Chaeyeon and Chaeryeong just came from the bakery with bags of breads. They saw how the man beat up the vampire who didn't even fought back.

The father eventually stopped and stomped back to his house. Slamming the door shut.

The girls helped Jay to stand up just as when the door opened again. Revealing Giselle with a dull expression.

She walked back in the house but left the door open.

"Come on. You have to talk to her!" Chaeryeong said and so the three entered the house.

The girls went to the kitchen while Jay went to find Giselle. She was on the terrace.

This is the first time Jay felt so nervous in his vampire life. This is also the first time that he and Giselle have a very bad and serious fight. Or about to.

"Go on. I'll hear you out first." Giselle muttered without sparing him a glance. Her eyes remained glaring ahead.

Jay stepped closer and leaned on the grills. His eyes darted to her filled with regrets.

"I'm sorry. I didn't meant to keep this from you." Jay said while lowering his head.

"I'm sorry if I wasn't able to make a time to tell you what was going on. And I could only hope I didn't totally ruined your trust on me."

"Actually you did!" Giselle cut him off as she turned to him with a glare.

"My whole family trusted you Jay. We accepted you even if you're a vampire. And I never held that against you!"

"When Hotel Volkswitch was built, I know we'll be seeing each other seldomly! But did I made a fuss about it!?"

"I didn't! Because I understand what you and your friends are trying to make. You told me you'll make sure to see me as always! And that's the only thing I could hold onto you with!" Her last statement eventually made her voice cracked and began to shake.

"Is it really that hard to see me? The more we barely see each other. It feels like you're getting further and further until I know nothing about you!"

"Is it hard for you to trust me? Are you afraid I'll tell my family? Don't you trust us anymore?"

The questions felt like dagger piercing straight to his heart.
He never wanted her to feel this insecure.