ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 42

"Winter!!! Giselle!!!" Sunoo suddenly bolted out of his room and started calling to the girls.

They were both watching tv at the living room of their hotel and were surprised at Sunoo's sudden loudness.

"Hey guys! Yeonjun just called! He said that the fight is over! They want us to meet them at the same river with medical stuffs!" Sunoo said.

Giselle and Winter first looked at each other before they both stood up to move.
They don't really have any medical equipments and tools with them. So they had to stop by on a pharmacy to buy as much as they can bring with Winter's money.

Sunoo quickly drove the van with tons of first aid things and went to the forest. The ride took almost two hours until they arrived at the edge of the forest.

"How are we going to carry all of this! The river is far!" Winter complained.

"Let's just put them in a bag! And let's hurry!" Giselle instructed and grabbed the duffel bag on the side.

They put as much as they can fit in the bags they had before the three finally entered and make a run in the forest.
They run for atleast an hour and a half more before they finally made it to the river.

They saw many injured people. Including their friends on the other side of the river. Soobin and Karina immediately ran to help them carry the heavy bags.

Yeonjun too had helped and they started helping the injured lycans with their wounds.

The three watched at the dreadful scene. Many wounded people. There were also men continiously coming out of the forest while carrying obviously dead bodies.

"Hey!" The three turned around hearing Kai's voice. He looks a bit different compared to when they last saw him.

He's a bit more darker than usual. Means that he carries a much more heavy and dark aura.

"Don't be too surprise." He said specifically to Giselle and Sunoo.

"What do you mean?" Winter asked.

But before Kai can reply to her. She felt cold arms snaking her waist. That same familiar presence engulfing her entire physique.

Winter suddenly remembered the dream she had at the Hotel. And having him now behind her feels too unreal to even believe it.

"I'm so glad to see you again..." Jake whimpered in muffled voice while digging his head on the back of her left shoulder.

Kai simply looked down while the three looked at each other confused.
Winter decided to turn around to look at him. He was a crying mess. Aside from the muds and cuts on his face. He's a total big mess.

Winter caressed his cheeks and gave him a chaste kiss on the lips.

"Yes. I'm here... I'm back and I won't leave you anymore..." she whispered and hugged him tight. Jake just continued crying while hugging her so tight but still enough to allow her to breathe.

"Wait. Where's Niki and Jay? Are they helping to bring out the dead bodies here?" Sunoo asked.

Kai forced out a smile and a chuckle. "You can find Niki here. And Jay. I'm pretty sure he'll be here with Taehyun soon..." Kai said.

"Come on! Let's look for Niki for now! These two will be alright here!" Giselle said and dragged Sunoo with her.

They went to the group of men sitting on the ground and searched for the young vampire.

They spotted Ningning and Sunghoon among them but the two are both busy helping the lycans.

"Excuse me. Are you looking for Niki?" A voice suddenly asked the two from behind.

They turned around to be met by one of the Grim Empire officials; Kyungmin.

He smiled at them and introduced himself. He looks wounded but he seems to be able to manage it well. Maybe becuase he's a high rank lycan.

"Hi. My name is Kyungmin. Kai told me to bring you to Niki. Follow me..." he said and gave them a small smile.

Giselle and Sunoo hesitated at first but followed him anyway. And when they started walking on the area where the dead bodies were neatly placed. The two began to feel rather heavy.
Especially Sunoo. He felt a heavy lump on his throat and wants to back away. But he feels like some kind of energy is pulling his feet to follow Kyungmin.

"There he is." He said and pointed at the dead body just beside Beomgyu and Taki.

Sunoo huffed a heavy breathe and trembled on his spot. His knees wobbled and felt weak to even stand up straight.

"N-Niki?" The boy mumbled and covered his mouth to muffle his cries.

Sunoo wasted no time and bolted to hug Niki's dead corpse. Crying to the fullest.

He had expected something like this already. But he didn't know it will be this painful.

That Niki is dead.

That he's really gone.

"Y-you promised y-you'll come back t-to me..." he whimpered in between his sobs. The others had stopped from what they were doing because of his sudden cries. They symphatize with him.

"Oh. You guys are here." Heesueng suddenly appeared from behind them. K is also with him too and he approached his little brother who was beside Niki's corpse.

K did not cry even after the fight and having able to hug his dead brother. He is still an alpha and someone's death will not change that. He just silently whispered good words to Taki while cradling him delicately on his arms.

"I don't understand! H-how did Niki died?" Giselle asked Heeseung.

Heeseung looked the worst among the vampires. Like totally terrible. He looks like a walking dead.

"Oh. Tragic..." he mumbled and his lips visibly quivered.

"Soobin shot him." He said and forced out a smile.

Giselle's eyes shot up at the statement and she looked at Heeseung with bewilderment.

"Soobin killed him? W-why would he do that?!" She asked.

"Niki was turned along with our alpha's little brother. One of your friends too was turned. All by the sorceress. Their souls were already dead then... So killing them is the only way to stop them from killing one of us." Kyungmin explained.

Giselle walked over to Sunoo to try and comfort her friend. She's never seen him criy this hard before in all years of them being friends.

She knows that he really love Niki. And it will scar him for life now that Niki will no longer be there to make him whole again.
After all, they're mates.

"It's gonna be okay Sunoo..." she whispered while stroking his hair.

"Don't say that!" Sunoo screamed. His grip on the corpse tightened while tears continue to brim his soft cheeks.

"He's never coming back to me anymore... He'll never open his eyes again! He's dead!!!" He cried in agony.

If only tears can pour back the life in him again. Then maybe everything will make sense again.

Kyungmin looked down. Trying to take in the cries of the mortal. He had lost his friend EJ too. And nothing more could be painful than losing a loved one.

He averted his gaze from the scene and saw  his friends bringing in more familiar bodies.

"Heeseung! Jay and Taehyun are here..."

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.