chapter 3

Luz's pov
" Good morning y/n!" I let out a yawn and looked over to where y/n was supposed to be sleeping. "Y/n?" I stood up and walked over to it and poked it. I heard a groan that was not y/n's voice.

I open the bag and saw king "King!" I started shaking him awake
  He let out a screech as he was rudely awakened. "What. Demons need their beauty rest too you know. We don't just wake up looking this good all of the time."

" Mhm yeah, sure anyway where's y/n?" I said not really caring.
King let out a yawn and said, "she's with Eda researching about the box. Can I go back to sleep now?"

  I didn't answer as I walked out the door in search of my new friend. I walked downstairs towards the kitchen. As I entered the smell of pancakes reached my nose.

  My eyes widened, REAL FOOD. I ran over and sat down at the table. " Eda I didn't know you knew how to make pancakes!" Eda who was leaning over their counter looked up at her then went back to her reading of the book. " Kid I would love to take credit for it but it was y/n who did the cooking."

  I looked over at her and smiled " by the way good morning!" She stopped what she was doing for a moment so she could turn and smile at me.

" Morning!" Then she went back to making pancakes. "Sooo.." I try to break the silence but then I remembered what king had said earlier " how's the research of the box going?" Eda let out a sigh as she let her head hit the table. "I'm guessing not so well..." I nervously chuckle to try to lighten up the mood.

" No luck there's no valuable information that could be useful in here, it just says that it is a mystic music box that has powers unimaginable. And yet I can imagine what bonehead wrote this junk." She lifts her head and glares at the book.

  " Well turn that frown upside down cause I made pancakes!"  Y/n spins around over to us with plates on her palms and places the plates in front of us with a smile on her face.

Her smile is contagious. Every time she walks into a room it puts a smile on my face, it may be because she the first human friend other than my mom, but for some reason, she puts butterflies in my stomach. "Uz? Luz? Earth to Luz?" I shook my head snapping out it "s-sorry I zoned out" I then took a bite out of the pancakes.

My eyes widened, they didn't taste like pancakes we got in my dimension they tasted sooo much better. "Y/N HOW R THSE MO BOOD?" Y/n chuckles 

"Luz don't talk with your mouth full and I'm curious too how did you make these?" Eda asked as she took a bite out of her pancakes. " Well since there were no normal ingredients for pancakes here I had to improvise. I mostly substituted some ingredients from our dimension to similar ones here, but don't worry I did my research making sure that their not poisonous."

I watch as she takes a bite out of her pancakes. Her eyes widen "wow these are actually really good"

Y/n pov

In just a few moments we finish the pancakes and start following Eda, she said she had something cool to show us.

We ended up walking to a Sandy beach not far from the owl house and we now stand before a washed-up creature. "Have you ever seen anything as breathtaking as this?" Eda asks excitedly as she pokes Luz's and my arm.

"Yeah, Ikea." I whisper to Luz. Luz chuckles nervously "I don't ... Like this," she says backing away with a look of disgust at the creature.