Chapter 24

Y/ns pov

"So I was rereading the pamphlet and it turns out you need to know two spells to be in the more advanced class at hexside." I look up from the pamphlet and notice only King was paying attention to me. Luz was pacing back and forth mumbling, "How do I get Amity to like me? Maybe I could... no that wouldn't work!" "Luz, you don't need to become friends with everyone!" She sighs, "I know! But maybe I could befriend her like Azura with Hecate!" 

King rolls his eyes, "Can you stop all that flowery stuff and continue reading? I've been sucked into your awful fandom!" Luz smiles with accomplishment, knowing she had forced another person to enjoy her fandom. She continues reading but her voice sounded muffled. I was busy in my thoughts. I was still hung up on what Daniel said, the bracelet could grant magical abilities. But he also said it was a legend, it wouldn't hurt to try. 

"Y/n!" I snap out of my thought and look over to Luz who was looking at me, "Yes?" "I have to go the bathroom. take over for me!" She hands me the book and rushes upstairs. "Uhh ok?" I fumble the book in my hands. "Where were we? Uh, suddenly the door swung open!" I stand up on the couch and make hand motions as I read it, before I could continue the door swung open which makes me jump and King jump in my arms making me drop the book. "Ding dong ding! Hoot hoot!"

"The book has come to life! Burn it!" "I would but Luz would burn us!" I place King down and start to walk over to the door when King latches his arms around my leg, "Don't go! The door book had possessed the house! I won't let my trusty knight go alone!" I chuckle and continue walking towards the door with King latched tightly on my leg, which made me drag my leg. I made it to the door to see a basket with a note on it. I reach down to open it when King stops me. "What if there's a body or a bomb in there?" "I'll take my chances." "But what if there are possessed vegetables in there?" My eyes widen. That's a thing!?

"EDA! YOU GOT A PACKAGE!" I pick up the basket and run towards the kitchen. I rush past Luz who just walked downstairs, "Woah! Why are you in such a rush?" "Possessed vegetables! No time to talk!" I turn the corner almost face-first into the wall, I make it to the kitchen panting. Eda gives me a weird look, "Don't ask." I place the basket on the table in front of her. Luz walks in and stands on the other side of the table, and King finally lets go of my leg and sits on the table. "It looks like a gift basket!" 

"Probably an offering. Ah, being the most powerful witch in the boiling isles has its perks!" Luz pulls down the blanket and King jumps on my shoulder hiding in my hair. She pulls it back revealing a baby? Me and King let out a sigh of relief. "So much for possessed vegetables!" "King jumps back on the table and rubs his hand together. "MM Fresh meat!" I let out a groan of disgust and Luz and I walk towards the door, "Nope! Not eating that!" "Rather eat possessed vegetables!" Luz gives me a weird look. "Don't ask" I shiver reliving the nightmare.

Flashback brought to you by possessed vegetable army~~~~

third-person pov

Kindergarten Y/n was in her vegetable costume waiting for her turn to sing her line, as she was about to a girl dressed as a tooth tripped and fall causing everything to be set on fire. When the fire started a huge corn on a cob fell on her almost crushing her. Ever since she's been afraid of vegetables.... and brushing her teeth.

Flashback end brought to you by chad~

"Witches eating babies is so 1693. What is this?" "There's a note." King pulls it off and holds it up. "Take care of my child till morning. Yi Yi?" "Nope! babies are awful! not happening." I nod, "Agreed. I hat little kids throwing tantrums, annoying questions, and I guess breathing." Luz stares at me with a horrid expression, "I- well,-" her expression fades into a thinking one, "True." 

"You will be handsomely rewarded xoxoxox bat queen." "Bat queen? Reward!" King holds up money from the basket. We walk back over, "Who's the bat queen?" "She's the wealthiest demon on the boiling isles! Get in with her and your set for life! So we keep this thing alive for a few hours and we get paid? Easy!" "Ou greatest adventure yet! Learning about love and life in a child's eyes" "Not you. You have to go return the books I checked out from the library." 

She uses a spell circle to make books fall in Luz's hands. "Wait why doesn't Y/n have to go?" "I promised my friend to meet them, plus they are going to be teaching me a few spells! Well... attempting to. Anyway, I'm running late! I'll be back later! BYE!"

 I wave goodbye and walk out the door while making my way towards hexside. I start speedwalking while carrying my bag which I grabbed previously, hope Viney doesn't mind that I'm a few minutes late.

A/n This chapter was hard to write after watching the recent episode. I cant believe that happened! Thank you Dana! Anyway hope you enjoyed this chapter, until next time!.