Cloud Watching with Shikamaru

I was so excited to see this in my ask box you have no idea lol

I was so excited to see this in my ask box you have no idea lol. Also, this is a bit shorter then I would've liked, sorry about that!

 Also, this is a bit shorter then I would've liked, sorry about that!

"You could've waited until I got here before you dozed off."

Shikamaru cracked open an eye, seeing your figure looming over him. His smile was covered up by a sigh, asking when you were going to lay beside him. Once settled next to him, he removed a hand from behind his head and placed it around you.

"You know, each of us has a perfectly comfortable bed to cuddle up in."

"I know, can't watch the clouds from our beds though."

Comfortable silence filled the space between the two of you. Your head rested on his in the crook of his neck, a hand resting against his chest.

"Thank you for inviting me out here. Now I know why you come out here all the time."

Shikamaru just chuckled, turning slightly to press a kiss to your head, "What are you thanking me for? I wanted to see you, figured it'd be nice to do one of my favorite things with the person I care about most."

You couldn't help but smile, "You're so cute. But really, why'd you pick this spot of all places?"

Shikamaru turned to you, a hand coming up to cup your cheek gently, his voice barley above a whisper as he spoke, "What can I say? I just enjoy a nice view. Got a pretty nice one in front of me right now."