Kakashi's s/o Dreams About Him

Sorry if this is a bit short!

After everything he tried, Kakashi could not go to sleep

After everything he tried, Kakashi could not go to sleep. Despite the long day, and knowing all the things he had to do the next day, his body would just not rest. He sighed, laying back down and grabbing his book from the bedside table. If he couldn't sleep, he might as well catch up on his series.

He was careful not to disturb you beside him. You were exhausted, barely able to speak to him before you passed out under his sheets. He smiled, leaning over to press a gentle kiss to your temple. He laid back with a hand behind his head, engrossed in the story.

He paused, hearing a noise coming from you. You weren't awake, so he thought nothing of it. He went back to his book, losing his place as you made another noise. Only this time, it was clearly his name.

He couldn't make out what you were saying besides that. A smile tugged on his lips as you reached out, feeling the space besides you for him. He placed his book down, shifting under the covers as he held you against him.

"I'm here baby, I got you."

You stirred, eyes barely blinking open as you spoke, "Kakashi? Why are you up?"

He shushed your, hand coming up to cup your cheek, "Go back to sleep baby, sorry for waking you."

"You sleep too."

Your head nuzzled against his chest, breathing evening out as sleep overtook you again. He smiled, watching you for a few minutes before feeling tired himself.

With a final kiss to your forehead, Kakashi was finally able to fall asleep, thankful to have you so close to him.