A Little Back Story

You and Thomas continue walking hand in hand when he asks, "So, why did you come here to this resort, love?"

"I needed a break. My boyfriend cheated on me, and I . . . just needed a way to forget about him." Thomas stops walking and so do you.

He looks over at you, "I'm so sorry, (y/n)."

You try to avoid eye contact as you get a bit teary eyed "It's ok. I-It's not like it's your fault."

"He's an idiot to do that to an amazing, beautiful, kind girl like you. He obviously took you for granted. If I was your boyfriend, I'd never do something like that."

"Do you really mean that?"

"Every word." You look over at him, and he wipes away a tear that is sliding down your cheek. Time stops as you two stare into each other's eyes. He starts to lean. Is this really happening? You start to lean in as well. Your faces are centimeters apart when Ki Hong comes running over, scaring both of you. Thomas curses under his breath, and you can't help but smile at how cute that was.

"There you guys are! The rest of us want to play beach volleyball and thought maybe (y/n) wants to play too," Ki Hong says. He has a weird look on his face.

"Nice timing, Ki Hong," Thomas replies, very annoyed.

Noticing the rising tension, you say, "I'd love to! Why don't you show us the way to the court?"

"Ok!" Ki Hong responds, his face lighting up with excitement. Grabbing your hand out of Thomas', he drags you towards the courts.

"Wait! What about Thomas?" you ask.

"He's fine. I'm sure he can find it himself." You look behind you to try to find Thomas, and you spot him gazing sadly at the ground.

A/N: Here's a short update for you all. Thank you for anyone who is reading this!