20_"Trust Me"

LAYLA

"That's the big deal, I heard it was a huge wolf or something like that."

I stop walking at that, my entire body freezing and unsettling thoughts invading my mind. But I stride forward to catch up.

"Y-You mean like an ordinary wolf?" My voice comes out shaky. "But it's not m-murder in that case, isn't it?" I play it off, trying not to reveal how much her words took a toll on me.

Her eyebrows scrunched at my question and she shrugs," I don't know but I doubt it's an ordinary wolf." She hushes next to me.

"I'm sure I heard it is enormous. Less like a wolf and...more like a beast." Then she looks at my stiffened form," Why are you asking though? Don't worry yourself with all this shit."

"You know how she gets with her research, Bell. I hope this is not another obsession, Lay."

I scowl at them and laugh it off, with that they don't mention my tensed state either.

We separate paths to reach our classes and throughout them, I remain distracted. I could barely focus on the words uttered ahead of me because my mind was already occupied with something else.

"And we, Alphas, can shift into our primal forms."

"We can turn into our true forms. Wolves. We are stronger and more aggressive than any other species."

"That's the big deal, I heard it was a huge wolf or something like that."

My eyes fall shut as the words keep playing in my head.

Maybe I was making things difficult for myself, maybe I'm just thinking too much and confusing myself. But now that my mind pieced up this information, I couldn't help but mull over them.

I couldn't just conclude without asking the man in doubt. But what happens if my concerns are real? What happens to us if what I suspect is true?

"Please wait for me, flower."

"You have to trust me and wait for the right time."

My heart clenches remembering those words as I convince myself that I'm just thinking too much but I very much doubted those words.

That night I wasn't calm on my bed waiting for my mate or bouncing in anticipation as usual. My body was tense and a mixture of emotions gripped my heart. Fear being the most prominent one.

I remain frozen on my feet as I take in his frame as if it's the first time. The sense of peace that his presence brought only muddled my emotions further. 

The room is quiet and only the sounds of my irregular breathing are evidently heard.

His relaxed form tenses, eyebrows furrowing and eyes turning serious the seconds he takes a look at my face.

"Layla? What's wrong?" His low voice, laced with concern. "Are you alright-"

"Are you the Beast?" I blurt out in my shaky voice as tears blur my vision.

The moment the words leave my mouth, the air turns cold and tense and his eyes glint with something.

He clamps his eyes shut and inhales sharply his jaw flexing. His hands run wildly through his dark locks and he eyes the wall as though he wants to punch it through.

"Flower-" He begins, taking a step towards me, and I instantly back away. I watch his face fall and he steps away as if I've slapped him.

"Are you or are you not?" 

He doesn't say anything as he watches me torment myself. Tears slip down my face and I no longer have control over my emotions. I've been putting a pin on it all this time but his silence simply proved everything.

His fingers twitch as though he wants to approach me and hold me but he refrains and stands frozen. 

"Y-You told me to wait for you, Vlad. You told me to trust you and I decided I would. But this? The entire kingdom is searching for you!" As a sob takes over me.

"You're not even going to try and deny it?" And more tears brim my eyes.

One moment he looks like he wants to say so many things and the next moment he's not in the room anymore. 

"No no no. You don't get to do that! You don't get to disappear from this!" 

My eyes roamed around the room because I could still feel his presence.

"Vlad, don't fucking hide from me."

"Vladmir!"

•♧----------☆◇☆-----------♧•

Anyways what do you think is gonna happen?

Vote, comment, and share y'all!

~SN~