34_"End this War"

[Double update! Do not miss the last chapter!💜]

LAYLA

I could feel the disapproval radiating through Dax's eyes but his face stays impartial as he holds the door open for me.

I see Vlad perched on the chair behind the smashed table but my gaze doesn't meet his. I continue standing awkwardly in the middle of the room before the two alphas move out, Ivor throwing me a smile as he passes by me but I don't return it.

When the door closed shut, the silence in the room was so suffocating, I kept shifting on my feet. The feel of his burning gaze against my skin was obvious but none of us made any move to address the huge elephant in the room.

"Why do you do this?" His abrupt question catches me off guard as I blink at him, perplexed. The question must've been obvious on my face as he continues, "Every time something is important, why do you never hear it from me? Why do you always have to know everything through other ways?"

A bitter chuckle escapes me as I glare at him.

"And how is that my fault? When have you ever just given me a straight answer?"

"Because you do not need to know!" His growl makes my heart almost jump out but I stay rooted to the ground. "This is not your fight. This is a war you do not know of. It's treacherous and brutal. I do not want your part in any of this."

The look of regret on his face clenched my heart but I was already so deep in it, I couldn't stay away anymore.

"If it's that dangerous, why are you doing it?" My trembling voice resonates back as I take a step towards him.

His nostrils flare as he stands up abruptly and his voice turns desperate, "Because I have to."

Frustration welled in me at his stubbornness.

"I'm going to kill Edgar. I'm going to put an end to this war that he started."

"You-you don't mean..."

"Yes. That spineless pig who sits on that throne that doesn't belong to him. He took everything away from us, it's time we do the same."

•♧--------¡☆◇☆¡---------♧•

What do you think?

~SN~