31_Contemplation

LAYLA

"So that dude who looks like hulk's twin is actually your alpha?" Luke's eyebrows scrunch lightly as we both steal a glance at the said man quietly settled on the couch, giving us all the time we needed to deal with this weird situation.

I sigh," Yes. And he does not look like hulk."

"Have you seen his thighs? They are the size of my torso!'' Well, now that he's mentioned it...

Just then Vlad presses his lips together as though he's trying not to smile and I flush at that.

Luke looks back and forth between us before leaning in and whispering," He cant by any chance hear us can he?" 

"Well about that..."

His mouth opens in mortification as he glares at me, though I always tell him anger is not his forte since he ends up looking like a wild kitten, he does it anyway and I won't comment on it this time...

He pauses before leaning on his elbows against the kitchen counter and I know he's got a lot of questions in his head. Hell, I still have a lot of answered questions. But I remain silently thankful that he didn't freak out on me or run away to file a complaint to the king or anything worse. I try to contain all the negative thoughts swarming in my head and turn to luke.

"What are you thinking?"

I unconsciously bit on my lips as I waited for Luke to answer. He turns to look at me and opens his mouth but words don't come out.

"Luke." instantly he snaps up and blinks back at my mate, definitely not knowing how to respond to his sudden call.

"Yes, sir. Alpha..." he mumbles out as his wide eyes continue to study my mate, distractedly. Being his mate I knew how intimidating Vlad looked, especially to another omega who had never encountered such a creature or never been in the presence of an alphas dominant aura.

"You can call me Vladimir." he offers in a kind voice.

Luke looks awed for a moment before he composes himself and vigorously nods at him.

"I would like for you to visit my home."

Silence settles amongst us as both Vlad and I wait for luke to react. Not gonna lie, I was astounded at Vlad's request but maybe it was better for Luke to witness that world with his own eyes for him to get most of his answers, himself.

Passing through the spell-cast screens between both worlds would always creep me out someway, I could only imagine what Luke felt. Maybe things were easier for me to accept because my mate was right by me but Luke was completely quiet and speechless as his gleaming eyes scan through the entirely foreign land.

He didn't ask about the spells like I did or didn't babble out non-stop inquiries like I expected him to. He seemed to stay inside his shell and quietly stand beside me.

Vlad throws me a glance and I give him a look saying 'he'll be fine'. He sighs before nodding at me when suddenly Vlad is pulled back by an expressionless Kain.

Vlad glances back at us for one last time before he walks away with him.

My eyes narrow at that and I discreetly -okay, not so discreetly- watch them talk amongst themselves. A small gasp escapes my lips when Kain suddenly grabs my mate by his collar but Vlad only smiles back at him. I turn to luke giving him a 'what the fuck' look before we both continue to look at the two alphas conversing, which began to look more like an argument. Then Kain seemed to huff in frustration which was probably the only emotion I've seen in him and Vlad pats his shoulder in return which only makes him glare back at Vlad before he throws a final glance at us and walks away.

What on the actual fucking earth was that?

As Vlad walks back in our direction I get ready to question him but the look on his face makes me pause. He seemed pounder upon his next words for a while before he clears his throat.

"The funeral ended last night." and the gloomy feeling was back, burning in my gut as I felt the grief cling to my heart. I was feeling his emotions.

Luke looks at me confused as Vlad begins to explain," one of our elders...she passed away."

Luke's face scrunches at the revelation but he decides to remain quiet.

"I didn't want to bring you here at times like this but the sooner the better." he glances at both of us. "There will be people still paying their respects so you can stay behind at the cottage if necessary until they come back."

"We should be there too." Luke finally mutters.

Vlad nods and together all of us walk into the village.

●♧-------¡☆◇☆¡-------♧●

What do you think?

~SN~