𝕍𝕚𝕤𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝔻𝕒𝕪 - 𝕂𝕦𝕣𝕠

"Kenma! You coming or not?" Kuro asked as he started to pull on his coat. "Shit, the car is gonna be covered in snow," Kuroo muttered. "Should have put it in the garage-KENMA?"

There were soft footfalls as Kenma padded down the stairs. He was wearing a large black hoodie and Kuroo's sweats, the pant legs bagging at his feet.

"Baby, why aren't you dressed?" Kuroo asked as he searched for his keys.

"M'not going," Kenma replied quietly. Kuroo paused and faced Kenma.

"What?" Kuroo arched at his brow. Kenma tucked some hair behind his ear. "Why not?"

"I um—I'm tired-" Kenma started to lie but faltered when Kuroo stared at him. "I'm scared."

Kuroo walked forward, taking Kenma's hands.

"Why are you scared, Kitten?" Kuroo questioned gently. Kenma looked down, his eyes wet.

"What if he—he still looks like that?"

Kuroo's heart sank.

"My love—" Kuroo pulled Kenma into a hug and sighed. "He won't be-"

"But what if he is?" Kenma's voice trembled.

"Alright, alright. You can stay. I'll be back in a few hours, okay?" Kuroo declared. Kenma nodded, letting go of Kuroo so he could leave.

Kuroo ruffled Kenma's hair before pecking his forehead. He grabbed his phone and walked out the door, heading straight to his snow-covered car.

After scraping off the ice, Kuroo got into the car, bringing his hands close to his mouth to warm them while the rest of the car heated up.

He started the car and began to drive.

~

Kuroo sat on a chair in the waiting room, bouncing his leg.

He heard some faint whispers from the women next to him, catching their eyes on him every now and then. He offered them a polite smile.

"Bokuto Kōtarō?" A nurse asked. Kuroo stood up, following the woman down the hallway and to a room.

A sheet of glass.

That's all that separated Kuroo and Bokuto.

"Can I go in?" Kuroo asked, not even sparing the nurse a second glance when she nodded.

He opened the door, gently shutting it behind him. There was a metal chair by the bedside.

There was a faint, steady beep of a heart monitor.

Kuroo sat down, smiling a bit. He could finally see him.

Kuroo moved his hand to Bokuto's gently grasping his palm. Bokuto's closed eyes twitched, and he lifted his lids slowly, blinking away the sleep. He turned his head to the side, making the sheets rustle in the process. His eyes met Kuroo's, and his chapped lips parted.

"Kuro—" he croaked. Kuroo smiled.

"Hey, Bo. How are feeling?" Kuroo's thumb caressed the back of Bokuto's hand.

"Mm—" Bokuto looked around the room, his eyes slightly glazed over since he was in a daze.

"Suit," he mumbled, looking back at Kuroo.

"Hm?" Kuroo asked. Bokuto's fingers twitched as he held onto Kuroo's hand.

"You look nice—in a suit," Bokuto declared, his voice soft. Kuroo chuckled, moving his other palm to Bokuto's cheek.