ℍ𝕠𝕟𝕖𝕪𝕞𝕠𝕠𝕟 𝔻𝕒𝕪 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖 - 𝕂𝕦𝕣𝕠

TW: Blood, mentions of rape

Kuroo twiddled his thumbs—literally—as he sat on the edge of the bed.

It had only been three days into their honeymoon and things were already taking a turn for the worst.

Kuroo started to pinch the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes as he took a deep breath.

"Fuck," he muttered, flipping onto the bed and staring at the ceiling.

Bokuto's head popped up, his expression a bit grim.

"It's not your fault, Kuro," Bokuto started to say. Kuroo smiled, cupping Bokuto's cheeks.

"Let's go get some food for Keiji," Kuroo suggested. Bokuto shook his head, confusing Kuroo.

"You told me... so I'm telling you. You need to cry now, okay?"

Kuroo stared. Tears slipping down the sides of his face. Bokuto gently stroked his hair to soothe Kuroo whilst he cried. Kuroo curled up against Bokuto, his cries turning into sobs as his shoulder shuddered with each breath. He tugged at Bokuto's sleeve and pulled him down. Bokuto wrapped his arms around Kuroo, holding him close while he buried his face into Bokuto's chest.

"Why?" Kuroo asked, his voice cracking. "Why Keiji? Why couldn't it have just been me—"

"Shut up," Bokuto interrupted harshly. Kuroo went silent. "Don't say that. Shit, don't ever say that," Bokuto ordered. "This is all happening because—Hah..." Bokuto hugged Kuroo tightly. Kuroo closed his eyes, his saturated lashes sticking together.

"I wish I could wish it all away," he hiccuped. "I wish we could go back before all of this... before he got hurt—"

"Before we started dating?" Bokuto said. Kuroo looked up.

"No—no... Bo, of course not. I wish we started dating sooner..." Kuroo admitted. Bokuto pursed his lips.

"Me too." Kuroo sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"Can I just..." Kuroo climbed onto Bokuto and dropped onto his chest. Bokuto wrapped his arms around Kuroo again. Kuroo nuzzled Bokuto's collarbone. "I wish he trusted us more," Kuroo mumbled.

"It's hard with that kind of thing," Bokuto pointed out. Kuroo hummed in agreement.

"Bo... do you think our relationship is broken?"

Bokuto got up onto his elbows and stared at Kuroo. Kuroo blinked in confusion.

"Don't," Bokuto warned, his voice wavering. "Don't even—how could you?" Bokuto whispered. Kuroo tilted his head to the side. "We aren't broken, this isn't broken. Don't say shit like that! It's—it's—!"

"Okay! Okay, I'm sorry," Kuroo apologized, caressing Bokuto's jaw. "You're right. I'm just getting worked up." Kuroo smiled warmly. "Should we go out now?"

Bokuto pouted but nodded.

~

"Is this all?" The cashier asked. Kuroo nodded and said,

"Yes, ma'am." The woman scanned all the products, the machine beeping and the keys clacking as she opened the register when Kuroo handed her the bills.

The bell above the door swung about and rang. Out of habit, the two men glanced at the door.

Three guys had entered, one of them held a striking resemblance to Kuroo. Kuroo was about to turn away when he noticed Bokuto was frozen in place.